We're already deep in the holiday season, but it's never too late to add a bit of Xmas spirit to your Web Application!
I thought about adding Xmas lights, flying reindeers, working elves... but it seems to me that for an Enterprise Web Application something a bit subtler was in order. So I ended up just putting in a bit of snow on the Sales application:
Check the video to see snow in action,
or visit the OutSystems Network to see it live in a real web page!
If you're using the Agile Platform and want to add some snow to your app, here's what you need to do:
- Get the "Xmas" component from the OutSystems Community
- Reference the component from your web app
- Drag the "LetItsnow" block to a particular page, or to the footer if you want snow on all pages
- Click 1CP, sit back, enjoy your eggnog, and let it snow!
If you're not using the Agile Platform, there's a bit more work involved...
- Edit your pages and look for the <head> section
- Add the line <script src="snowstorm.js"></script>
snowStorm.snowColor = '#cccccc';
snowStorm.snowStick = false;
snowStorm.animationInterval = 75;
- Make sure you didn't break anything!
- Follow the "move to production" checklist (if you have one)
- Send the changes to your ops team and wait for them to move it to production... hopefully that will happen before Xmas! :)
Have a snowy Merry Xmas!