By double-clicking on an Entity, you open the Entity Editor. Here you can manage the defaults used when scaffolding a screen using this entity. It also allows you to manage the attributes, indexes, and other advanced properties.
In the defaults section, you can customize the settings used when scaffolding a screen with this entity:
- Label: When scaffolding screens, this property is used to define the screen name, title, links, and menu labels;
- Label (plural): The plural of the name, used for example as the title in list screens;
- Identifier Attribute: The entity's primary key;
- Is Active Attribute: boolean attribute that specifies if a record should be fetched from the database. When scaffolding a CRUD, all queries automatically filter by this attribute;
- Label Attribute: when creating combo boxes for this entity, by default this attribute is displayed to end-users;
- Order By Attribute: when scaffolding a CRUD, all queries are automatically ordered by this attribute.
This editor also has four tabs:
- Attributes: Manage attributes of the entity. Learn more.
- Indexes: Improve the performance by adding indices to the entity. Learn more.
- Example Record: An example of the records contained in the entity. Fill in this record to preview your screens with real data. Learn more.
- Advanced: Advanced options for the entity. Learn more.
About Entities | Entity Description