OutSystems Platform allows you to create your data model from an Excel
file. Bootstrap logic is automatically created to import the data from
the Excel file into the database.
It's also possible to import data from an Excel into an existing Entity.
Creating Entities with Bootstrap Data
If you're importing data from an Excel file
into an existing entity, you need to ensure that:
- Each Excel sheet must have the name of the Entity;
- Each column header must have the name of the Entity attribute.
How to Import Data from an Excel File
To create Entities and bootstrap data from
an Excel File:
- Select the Data layer;
- Right-click on the Entities folder
and select Import Entities from Excel...;
- Select the Excel file.
The following is created for you:
- An Entity is created for each sheet in the Excel file. Each column
in the Excel file creates an Entity attribute.
- For each Entity, an Action and a Timer is created to import
the data from the Excel file into the database;
- The Excel file is stored as a resource of the application module.
Images to an Entity