This topic describes how to refresh a list in a Table of Records without
refreshing the whole page by using Ajax. You may need to refresh the widget
when the content is outdated with its source, and to update it without
interfering with the display and behavior of the page the Ajax technique
is the way to accomplish it.
In this example we have a list of computers and we want to refresh the
Table Records widget. Our goal is to refresh only the widget without need
to refresh the entire page.
- Create a screen with a query in the preparation screen action to
fetch the records from the Computer entity;
- Place a Table Records widget in the screen and set the source record
list to be the query in the preparation. Name the widget 'ComputerTable'.
Later, you will need to reference this widget by its name;
- Create a screen action and name it 'RefreshComputerTable';
- Insert a button on the screen bound to the screen action created
in the last step with the method property 'Ajax Submit';
- On the 'RefreshComputerTable' screen action, refresh the preparation
query using the Refresh
Data tool. This ensures all recent changes are fetched from the
- Next to the refresh data tool, add an Ajax refresh. Set its “Widget”
property to 'ComputerTable', the name of the table records widget
created in step 2.
Check the How
to Design Screens with Ajax sample at OutSystems Forge to view this
example in action.
Refresh Page Parts Using