Recently, I had the honor of delivering the graduation speech for the graduates of The Lisbon MBA program. I consider these ceremonies important celebratory life events so I wanted to come up with something that was truthful, inspiring, and grounded on facts.
OutSystems is the product of a fantastic collective of people, but as one of the founders and part of top management, I end up making wide-reaching decisions. This speech is structured around six principles that guide the decisions I make everyday in my life and at OutSystems:
- Acknowledge luck. Resist the feeling of entitlement.
- Live deliberately. Never shift control or blame.
- Be curious. Seek to understand why.
- Embrace change. Be proud of trying. Not ashamed of failing.
- Do not set limits on what you can do.
- Define your moral boundaries and never cross them.
You can read the full transcript of the speech, here.