Platform architecture overview
The OutSystems architecture is the pivotal element that establishes high-performance low-code. It is a layered ecosystem that enables developers to build applications quickly that extend systems of record, transform complex internal business processes, rewrite critical core business systems, or create delightful, world-class mobile and web apps.
OutSystems has multiple deployment options, which allows you to pick the one that best suits your enterprise infrastructure and tech stack:
- Cloud-native: OutSystems Developer Cloud (ODC)
- Cloud-ready PaaS: OutSystems 11 Cloud
- Self-managed IaaS: OutSystems 11
For the cloud-based infrastructures, OutSystems shares control of the cloud environments with customers. Visit our technical documentation for further details on the OutSystems Cloud Shared Responsibility Model.
- Cloud-native architecture: ODC
- Cloud-ready architecture: OutSystems 11 Cloud
- OutSystems Cloud and OutSystems 11 shared platform architecture
Cloud-native architecture: ODC
ODC is a cloud-native, app development platform that enables you to address your most strategic, mission-critical needs. It provides a modular, scalable environment for developing and deploying your apps, all packaged in a modern architecture based on best practices in cloud-native infrastructure, management, and operations. Four main characteristics separate it from run-of-the-mill low-code platforms:
- Power: It gives you the freedom to innovate and deliver whatever the business requires – no matter the complexity. You have everything you need to become a cloud-native powerhouse.
- Security: You can trust that your most important assets are safe, from development through production.
- Agility: It offers you the peace of mind of knowing that your apps will continuously evolve at the speed of your business, hassle-free and without technical debt.
- Scale: You can be confident that the experiences you build will handle whatever the world throws at it.
Cloud-ready architecture: OutSystems 11 Cloud
OutSystems 11 Cloud (OutSystems Cloud) is a public cloud with its physical infrastructure hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS) data centers. Each customer has a dedicated set of virtual machines and database instances protected inside a dedicated Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), which is logically isolated from the internet and other virtual networks on AWS.
OutSystems Cloud and OutSystems 11 shared platform architecture
The OutSystems PaaS cloud-ready (OutSystems Cloud) and IaaS self-managed (OutSystems 11) deployment options share a platform architecture. This platform architecture provides components, tools, environments, code generation and more to build apps that are extensible and can run in a standard .NET application server. OutSystems doesn't lock customers into any proprietary technology.