The Small Book of the Few Big Rules - OutSystems culture book

The Small Book of the Few Big Rules - OutSystems culture book

Hi guys,
I wanted to share with the OutSystems community the public availability of our internal culture book which might give you some insights on why we act the way we do :). Over time we have reverse engineered the great culture that we experience here and concluded that it arises from the consistent application of 7 rules of behavior. Please feel free to share with your network of friends and associates
http://www.outsystems.com/the-small-book/

Enjoy! Paulo

These rules are such an important part of our culture that we even use them as part of our performance reviews(!) and throughout the year when requesting and giving feedback to our colleagues. :)

Personally, I'm a big fan of the Rule nº 1 - Ask Why?.
It's awesome to work in a place where every employee is entitled to understanding *why* things are done in a certain way - and the more you ask the more you learn!
I do have a hard time with Rule nº5 - 80/20 though...

Let's see if we can get more insights into the rules from other OutSystems staff. For those looking in... feel free to share your thoughts on the rules and on how they apply to your own companies/workplaces. ;)
I myself find two of the rules of extreme importance: the 80/20 rule and the Small Crisis rule.

I like the 80/20 since it keeps me focused - worry about relevant stuff and do them with the minimum amount of effort to have a good deliverable. Still a note to the wise: don't mistake 80/20 with Excellency: doing less does not mean doing incomplete.

On the Small Crisis rule my biggest motto is "if you are part of a problem, make sure you are part of the solution - and fast".

Cheers,
Acácio
Good book!

J.Ja
Its a good book, thanks for sharing! 

Great book, love it :)

I am in favour of rule #1 as well, but with 2 kids asking your socks of with "why" you can go very mental ;)

I love the picture of rule #7!!!
Amazing compilation...
Maybe a real book comming soon?! :)

Regards,
Gonçalo M.
Could not agree more with the points that you're focusing...

Regards,
Gonçalo M.

Acácio Porta Nova wrote:
I myself find two of the rules of extreme importance: the 80/20 rule and the Small Crisis rule.

I like the 80/20 since it keeps me focused - worry about relevant stuff and do them with the minimum amount of effort to have a good deliverable. Still a note to the wise: don't mistake 80/20 with Excellency: doing less does not mean doing incomplete.

On the Small Crisis rule my biggest motto is "if you are part of a problem, make sure you are part of the solution - and fast".

Cheers,
Acácio