Highlight search results

Highlight search results

I have a search function in my app where the user can enter one or more search terms (like 'Chase Bank') and I search a number of tables for matches. I have everything worked out and am getting the results I want except that I need to be able to highlight those terms (bold, maybe different font color, etc) in the results displayed in a table. I could have sworn there was an example of this in one of the sample apps with the platform but can't find it now.   I'm assuming I need to find all instances of the terms (case insensitive) and wrap them with some html.

Anybody done this? Have some pointers? Thanks...
Hi Greg,

I found here in my old things a jQuery plugin to do something like that.
I just implemented it in a simple and quick application screen to make it easy for you to use.
It's just something like this:

I didn't had time to do more tests, but I'm sure it works.
Hope it helps and just give me some feedback..

Cheers,
Gonçalo Martins
Any feedback, Greg?
It worked for your needs?
Let me know if so.

Greg Berger wrote:
I have a search function in my app where the user can enter one or more search terms (like 'Chase Bank') and I search a number of tables for matches. I have everything worked out and am getting the results I want except that I need to be able to highlight those terms (bold, maybe different font color, etc) in the results displayed in a table. I could have sworn there was an example of this in one of the sample apps with the platform but can't find it now.   I'm assuming I need to find all instances of the terms (case insensitive) and wrap them with some html.

Anybody done this? Have some pointers? Thanks...