Usability for Non-Unicorns

Usability for Non-Unicorns

I don't know if you already read the interview with Steve Krug or if you came to NextStep'13 and listened to Steve's keynote, but it seems that people are always trying to recruit those rare unicorns like designers who code and developers who design.
If you're like me, and chances are you don't differ that much, your designing skills peaked at 3rd grade and have been gradually getting worse ever since.

Knowing that these unicorns are really hard to find and because we believe developers can do usability, we decided to invest on a pragmatic approach to the topic and provide you with the tools to create applications with great UX.

One of those tools is a set of videos, available on our free online training, about Usability for Developers.
These videos follow simple principles you’ll find on a cheat sheet -- you can download as the lesson’s materials -- to create a new application that will have good usability.
This is not a Holy Grail! This is something that you can apply now to substantially improve the usability of your applications.

Happy coding... or designing... or...hmm! "unicorning"!?

Cheers,
André
André Vieira wrote:
but it seems that people are always trying to recruit those rare unicorns like designers who code and developers who design.
 They're not unicorns...they are "The Deviners" (credits to Vera Tiago)
Ricardo Araújo wrote:
André Vieira wrote:
but it seems that people are always trying to recruit those rare unicorns like designers who code and developers who design.
 They're not unicorns...they are "The Deviners" (credits to Vera Tiago)
 Lol, sounds like a tv series title :)

I just had to post this here!

Or perhaps I could contribute with some links you may find useful for independently learning design (or at least trying to):

Cheers,
Miguel
Thanks André,

The usability videos are really good, even for experienced OutSystems developers. They have very pragmatic tips on how to tweak the IntelliWarp generated web screens to make them a lot more usable.

I specially liked these ones:
Cheers,
Tiago Simões