[Advanced Excel] Support for .xls file

[Advanced Excel] Support for .xls file

Forge Component
(21)
Published on 5 Nov (4 weeks ago) by João Rosado
21 votes
Published on 5 Nov (4 weeks ago) by João Rosado
Hi,

I am using this component and it is working perfect for 2007/2010's file format ie xlsx file. It is very useful component, but it is not supporting xls file format. It returns error as,
"Can not open the package. Package is an OLE compound document. If this is an encrypted package, please supply the password"

Is there any way to include xls file format too? Except "Save As" option. :)

Or can you please suggest another component which can support both xls and xlsx file formats?

Regards,
Sagar S. Nannaware
Hi Sagar,

You can create your own extension based on http://npoi.codeplex.com/. This component supports xls, xlsx and docx. Hope this helps

regards,

Stephan Schevers

Hi Stephan,

Creating own extension based on NPOI means do we need to create .Net application using NPOI component,perform the logic to import excel and then use .Net application as an extension in outsystems?

Thanks,

Sandhya.

Sandhya,

With Integration studio( and visual studio) you can create your own .net extensions which can be used in the platform. Have a look at the Advanced Excel  and check which methodes are implemented. Create your own extension and try to port the methods to a npoi implementation.

regards,

Stephan Schevers

Thanks Stephan.

If it is possible,could you please me a sample application of using NPOI and Advanced Excel which will be a great help for me?

Many Thanks,

Sandhya.

Hi Sandhya,

Sorry don't have any sample application of NPOI. Take a look at http://npoi.codeplex.com/documentation for some sampes. Google is most of the your biggest in finding samples. Download the Advanced Excel extension and open with integration studio to have a look how it's implementend.

regards,

Stephan

Thanks Stephan. I will try in the way you explained.

Regards,

Sandhya.