21 votes
Published on 17 Mar by Acácio Porta Nova
This is awesome.  Thanks a bunch.  Some ideas for improvement:
  • Ability to select specific espaces
  • Use Stringbuilders to generate long strings
  • Cleanup of unused elements
Hello Rebecca,

Thank you for your feedback.

We don't have a String builder interface in Service Studio, and I'd like to keep it simple. Are you having performance issues with DBCleaner?

What you do you mean when you say you'd like to have "cleanup of unused elements" ?

I've purpusefully not included the ability to list / select which eSpaces to delete because I figured the use-case for this tool would be something of the sort: "I have a lot of things I'm not using anymore in my database and I want them gone."

Deleting them one by one was not contemplated. Why do you want this ability? Can you give me an example?

Best regards,
Ricardo Silva
We have quite a large number of espaces and we don't necessarily want to delete everything since it could take more coordination.  Also, we have retention policies that prevent us from removing some the data in production.
The use case I imagine for this eSpace is for a development / quality environment. In a production environment I don't recommend the use of a "delete everything" script. I might add a warning message (or even something more drastic!) for when the environment is detected to be a production environment.

In a production environment the analysis of what you want to delete and keep should be a thorough process and not based on this eSpace (certainly, not on the current version of the eSpace!).