Notify Widget not firing within On Change event

Notify Widget not firing within On Change event

I have a page set up that has a ListRecords widget that is populated with a web block for each record. I am needing to create a dynamic edit screen. My thought was to create a screen with the ListRecords widget, which populated it's contents with a web block for each field I need to edit. This works as expected. I need, however, to get the users input they put into each web block to become available to me to create a save action on the main edit page and loop through all the data and write to the DB. My thought was to use the On Change event of each input within the web blocks to pass the info up to the main edit screen for writing using the NotifyWidget, but this doesn't seem to be working. So, here is what I have so far:

ListRecords with a web block being dynamically created with inputs for each desired field (works fine)
Within the web block that is being used, I set the On Change event for the input to fire off a NotifyWidget that contains the information the user has just input.
On the screen edit side (the consumer of the web block), I have the web block's On Notify event set to run an action that uses NotifyWIdgetGetMessage to pull the info in, parse it, and set the desired variable at the edit screen level.

What happends when I watch the debugger is this:
The RecordList loads perfectly. 
When I make a change to an input, the On Change is action is fired just fine.
When the debugger step gets to the "NotifyWidget" portion of the action, it steps through it as though all is going well. Then, when I step to the "End" of the action, it finishes the transaction all together. It "should" go straight into the On Notify action of the web block set at the consumer screen level, Right?

What am I missing? Does the NotifyWidget NOT work within an On Change event?

Oh, not sure that it matters, but I will also note that the parent page is running within a Popup Editor widget.
Anyone up for this challenge on a Monday? :) I am in a pinch, and have to come up with a solution today :/
Hello Guy,

Did you run/publish before debugging?
Do you have a breakpoin on the onNotify action and the debbuger doesn't stop there?
Can you post an oml as an exemple so we can help you better?

Cheers
Yes, I published before debugging. I set the break point at the Start of the "On Change" event, then step through from there. I step through the entire "On Change" action with no problem. When I step into the NotifyWidget action (which is inside the On Change action), I don't see anything happen in the debugger (not sure if I am supposed to). Then I step into the End of the action (which is the next step), and that is where it stops, believing has has completed the request. It never actually jumps to the OnNotify action that the NotifyWidget should have invoked.

This is a very large application right now. What is the best way to create a sample OML to post here? I have not done it before.
Try to recreate the producer screen (the one with the ListRecords) and the webblock with the notify. Then in the onNotify action catch the notify message and do something with it,  like create a user or display some text on the page...
Hi guy,

Did you try place any breakpoint inside the notify action of your webblock?

Note that it runs after the "End" node of the request that calls he NotifyWidget. Not during the NotifyWidget action. The NotifyWidget action only queues it to be executed.

Regards,
João Rosado
José Antunes wrote:
Try to recreate the producer screen (the one with the ListRecords) and the webblock with the notify. Then in the onNotify action catch the notify message and do something with it,  like create a user or display some text on the page...
 Jose, that is almost exactly what I am doing. I am using the NotifyWidget within the Web Block, then with the On Notify of the web block, I am using the NotifyWidgetGetMessage to take the contents of the notify message and set some variables at the "producer screen". I guess I could try rebuilding one and testing one step at a time.

Joao, thank you for the response. I thought that once a transaction is requested, as long as I step through using "Step Into" all the way, it will follow all the way through all transactions. I don't think I have a breakpoint on the OnNotify action itself, so I will give that a try when I get back to the office to see if I see anything.

Thank you both!

João Rosado wrote:
Hi guy,

Did you try place any breakpoint inside the notify action of your webblock?

Note that it runs after the "End" node of the request that calls he NotifyWidget. Not during the NotifyWidget action. The NotifyWidget action only queues it to be executed.

Regards,
João Rosado
 Joao,
Thank you SO much for this reply. I feel like a rookie now. I added the breakpoint to the On Notify action, then ran debugger. Then I was able to step through the On Notify action to find the problem. It was a miscalculated substring length. Thank you!