Table with expandable detail rows

Table with expandable detail rows

Hi Everyone, 
                   How can expandable details rows like this (http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/hierarchy/nestedviewtemplatedeclarativerelations/defaultcs.aspx) be acheived in outsystems ? Thanks. 

Regards
Hi,

I did a small 2 minutes tweak to the SalesAssistant app. You probably did this app in the first tutorial. 

You can use an If widget or a Container and play a little with its visibility. Check the Contact_List Screen to see how you can do this. I also recomend you to watch these videos about the Platform's Ajax.

Did I help?

Cheers,
Thanks for your reply. Seems like exactly what I need. 
José Caldeira wrote:
Hi,

I did a small 2 minutes tweak to the SalesAssistant app. You probably did this app in the first tutorial. 

You can use an If widget or a Container and play a little with its visibility. Check the Contact_List Screen to see how you can do this. I also recomend you to watch these videos about the Platform's Ajax.

Did I help?

Cheers,
Hi Jose, 
            I tried to implement it your way but I can't get it to expand only one row at a time. It expand all the rows at the same time. What logic should I use to expand it at row level ? How to update only one row using ajax ? 

Regards
Hi,

In the example I sent I used a Record List with my Entity and a Boolean to maintain the status of the selection. With that list, I'm able to assign a variable to each row and to use a diferent value per row. Probably you are using a single variable for all rows. 

Cheers,
José Caldeira wrote:
Hi,

In the example I sent I used a Record List with my Entity and a Boolean to maintain the status of the selection. With that list, I'm able to assign a variable to each row and to use a diferent value per row. Probably you are using a single variable for all rows. 

Cheers,
 What kind of variable are you using for each row ? Did you add a new column in the entity for this boolean value ? 

Nop. I used a record join.
If you open the example, you can check the TableRecord source record list, and you will see that I'm using the Contact Entity and the Boolean Structure.

With the Platform you can easily compose your record or record list with several Entities or Structures. You just need to go to your variable and to use your Entity and a Boolean Structure.

Cheers,

Thanks Jose for the clear explanation, Didn't know about this design pattern.