IP Range for external ip addresses

IP Range for external ip addresses

I have a web service which need to be restricted to the specified IP addressess access, I tried using configuration tool but it has only internal ip address configuration. 
So I would like to know is there any way to configure IP range for external IP addresses.
Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Thiru
Thiru -

I had a similar issue I needed to face, I solved it with a site property that stored a comma-delimited list of "allowed" IP addresses, and a function that returned a boolean saying if the calling IP address was on the list. I drop that function into the beginning of all of my secure Web services, and throw an exception if the result is false. Took me about 10 minutes to whip up and it's foolproof.

J.Ja
Thanks! let me try it out
Hi Thiru,

Take a look at the help on configuration tool http://www.outsystems.com/help/configurationtool/8.0/Network_Tab.htm.

Even though all examples are from 192.x.x.x networks, you can use any ip range you need.

If you're trying to protect your webservice from unauthorized access, I guess that you probably don't want to keep your security only with this. Maybe a firewall or any other mechanism should be in place.

Cheers,
Pedro Cardoso

Pedro, 
Is there a way to configure IP addresses via providing start and end ip address such that ip addresses fall in that range should be able to access. i.e., for eg: 10.3.2.2 - 10.3.2.40, if i provide a range like thiis, my service should be available for the ip addresses fall in b/w 2-40 and not available for after or before this IP addresses.

Appreciate your help!
Thanks,
Thiru
Hello Thiru,

I don't think you can do that... either you list the IP's you wish to open to or you add a network.

Cheers,
Pedro
Thanks Pedro!