how do I load query data into combo boxes?

how do I load query data into combo boxes?

I have a table that has a date in it.  I am trying to setup an AdvQuery to pull the distinct dates from the table and populate a combo box with them.

Here is the query I need to populate the combo box.
SELECT distinct(DateRequired) as Date from {ProductConfiguration}
where @InProjectID = {ProductConfiguration}.[ProjectID]

Can't figure out how to get it into an entitiy so I can put it into a combo box.
Hello Brett Roeder,

I don't know if I understood the question,well, but I'll try to do help you.
To put it into a combo box you can simply create a structure with the attributes needed (in your case a Date data type attribute) and use it in some local variable with the created data type, assigning it to your combo box.
I think this is what you need to perform this issue with the advantage to avoid creating an entity, using a structure instead.

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo Martins
Hello Brett Roeder,

I don't know if I understood the question,well, but I'll try to do help you.
To put it into a combo box you can simply create a structure with the attributes needed (in your case a Date data type attribute) and use it in some local variable with the created data type, assigning it to your combo box.
I think this is what you need to perform this issue with the advantage to avoid creating an entity, using a structure instead.

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo Martins
Hi Brett,

Did you try our free online training? We have a video covering Advanced queries that might help you.

Basically you'll need a structure with a date attribute for the output of the query.

Cheers,
André
I did look at the Advanced Query video.  I've found the online training VERY valuable!!

I've gotten this to populate the combo box with the values, but when the table is displayed, the combo box is not set to the current value - all rows show first entry in my ProjectConfigDates structure.  Here is how I configured the combo box.  The way I see it, I'm matching DateRequired with Date. 

Hi Brett,

It seems you have a warning in the variable property (the outline of the field is yellowish)... have you checked it?
Also make sure that you're using the TableRecords implicit variable to bind to the variable property of the combo - I'm assuming you have this combo in the table.

Cheers,
André