Checkbox validation.

Checkbox validation.

I have some questions about the checkbox.

1)
I am using a Source Record List in my project. In that list I am using the List_BulkSelect widget. Suppose that I have 10 items in the list, each item has a checkbox associated with it. I need to perform an action after selecting all/some items. I perform this action when I click a link.
Here, as a validation part I am suppossed to check that whether any item is selected and execute that action only in this case, if not then show appropriate validation message.

I have already implemented this part using the OnChange action of the checkbox. But, it takes too much time to perform this validation.

2)
Also, using the List_BulkSelect which returns the comma seperated values of the result set, suppose I am using three entities in the result set then identifier of which entity is returned by that widget?

Thanks!
Hi,

1) The widget already supports this. Use the AssociatedLinkIds parameter and pass a comma separated list of the links you want to enable when a checkbox is selected.

2) Didn't understand you question here :(. This widget doesn't return anything... You have to have a boolean value in your record definition and in the action cycle through the table records list and check that value.
I've attached a sample for your reference...

Cheers,
André
Hi André!

This is regarding question number one. Thanks for the OML. But, on the action I open a pop-up. Here, I need to pass the selected Ids to the popup. How am I suppossed to pass the selected Ids to the pop-up?

HI,

The easiest way to do this is to use the Widget_Click action in RichWidgets.
Basically you need two actions and one of those (the one that opens the popup) is hidden and will be triggered by the Widget_Click. Attached the sample to do it.

Cheers,
André
HI,

The easiest way to do this is to use the Widget_Click action in RichWidgets.
Basically you need two actions and one of those (the one that opens the popup) is hidden and will be triggered by the Widget_Click. Attached the sample to do it.

Cheers,
André
André, thanks a TON!!!

You gave it at the right time. It is working absolutely fine!!

Thanks again :-)