Login button doesn't work on IE9 and above

Login button doesn't work on IE9 and above

Hello everyone.

I'm new to the Outsystems Platform, so please bear with me.
I work at a company that has its portal based on Outsystems and recently we've been having reports from several of our costumers, that they can't login on the portal.
I did a bit of a diagnosis and apparently whenever they click the button nothing really happens, there's not even a loading state displayed, as if the button isn't programmed for anything yet.
I also noticed that hovering the mouse cursor over the login button doesn't change the cursor icon to the hand icon as it should, because the button itself is a hyperlink.

I tested it myself on versions of IE older than IE9 and it works perfectly, also tested on mozilla firefox and chrome and no problems there either...

So my only conclusion is that there's a fault on the relation between Outsystems and the new versions of IE.
Is there any way to fix this issue, like adding some extra code or change properties on the Outsystems side in order to surpass this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Hi João,

Can you show a sample (or a link to your site if it's public) where the problem occurs?
Also what version of the problem are you using?

There are no known problems like that at the moment.

Regards,
João Rosado
João Rosado wrote:
Hi João,

Can you show a sample (or a link to your site if it's public) where the problem occurs?
Also what version of the problem are you using?

There are no known problems like that at the moment.

Regards,
João Rosado
 Hello João Rosado,

The link of the portal in question is the following:
https://www.prodout.com/Portal_Prodout/

There is no account registration available on it, because it's a restricted portal for comercial purposes only, so the only way that people are able to login into the portal is, as if you'd contact the head of the Logistics Department or so, to get a go or no go.
Anyway, you should be able to notice the problem I'm having, even without being able to login, because when you hover the cursor over the login button, the cursor will not change on recent versions of IE. I also believe that the hyperlink will not be shown on the status bar when hovering over the login button as it should, though I don't recall that situation.

Everyone on the company is currently using IE8 and we have no problems, although our costumers should not be forced to use the same browser as we do, nor should we have to indicate them to use older versions of IE or any other browser in order to do their job, in order to avoid this conflict.
Checking up to see if there's any news on this subject.
Hi João,

Sorry I didnt notice your reply before.

Your site is working for me in IE8 and IE9.
For IE10 you are missing some fixes in your server. Check this topic: http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/9826/Internet+Explorer+10+and+the+Agile+Platform/
In particular the Step "2." in Luis Lopes post and the microsoft patch that João Proença mentions. You will probably need to do both.

On a side note: I notice you are still using a 5.1 version of the platform that is already discontinued. So It's recommended update to more recent ones to get most recent fixes and improvements. For example the fix for this:

Regards,
João Rosado