[AdvancedAmazonS3] Example of S3 file for save and get URL

[AdvancedAmazonS3] Example of S3 file for save and get URL

Forge Component
(24)
Published on 2013-08-08 by Ricardo Pereira
24 votes
Published on 2013-08-08 by Ricardo Pereira
Hi, 

Could someone provide an example of the config for retrieving the url for a file in the bucket and also how to save  a new file.
I need a little description on the fields of the structure S3File and what is needed for each transaction.

Thanks,

Hello Cristian, 

I'm describing de struct below:

S3File:
- UUid: Is the internal name wich will be saved in S3. 
- Name: The file's original name. Can be used for logic, helper functions. etc. 
- Bucket: The S3 Folder(bucket) used to store the file. It is created if ain't exists. 
- Content: The Binary Raw data for the file.
- Response Code: Provides further HTTP code for debug and fine tunning. 
- URL: Used for FetchURLFIle. Returns a pre-signed URL to download the file

I'm finishing another version of this solution with subfolder feature. 

Hope this helps.

Ricardo.
Hi Ricardo,

Sub-folders would be cool!

Regards
Mark
Hi Ricardo,

As you prepare your new version, it would be great if you could include the documentation for the structures and API calls directly on the extension itself. 

Congrats on a great job,

Gonçalo
Hello!

I uploaded a new version yesterday, with a preliminary documentation. I've added the subfoldering feature.

Many thanx!

Ricardo
Hello,
How do you describe token parameter in AdvancedAmazon S3 and what value im supposed to put.
Please find my screenshot for ur reference.

Regards,
ChandrasekarRadhakrishnan

Hi all

I'm using the SaveFile action and I can see the file is being uploaded to S3, however the output returned from the action is empty, which means I can't access the URL. Is this a known issue ?

Any ideas on how to resolve this ? 

Regards
Bilal

Bilal Haniff wrote:

Hi all

I'm using the SaveFile action and I can see the file is being uploaded to S3, however the output returned from the action is empty, which means I can't access the URL. Is this a known issue ?

Any ideas on how to resolve this ?

Regards
Bilal

Hi Bilal, 

I am able to access the bucket directly from the url and it shows me list of contents (in xml format). 

However using it from OS App, getting access denied error!!! 

I have provided both Access and Secret Access keys, but still getting access deniel. 

Wonder if I am filling the object correctly: 

for not known attributes I have put "???" 

Can anyone advise on this please?

Regards, 

Kashif