Can't debug on V 8.0.0.8 (RC)

Can't debug on V 8.0.0.8 (RC)

Hi,

I've just upgraded one community edition to RC V8.0.0.8 and I'm not able to debug anymore. When I switch on the debug I get the folowing http traffic:

After turn on the debug I cant browse any page on the app.

I've already tried to connect to the server throught 3G (to avoid firewall) and the problem persists. I've disabled the anti virus and the problems remains. Locally on the server the debug only works connecting throught localhost instead of the fqdn.

Any idea what can be causing this problem?

Thanks,
João Pinto

Hi João,

One of the things that will messup the debugger is http listerners, like the one from the screenshot. (because they all, by default, block streaming requests like that .ashx, some have settings to allow streaming)

As for the inicial problem (before having that program on), what was the url that you were using in the browser?
You need to make it match to the address you are using in Service Studio to login. So if you use localhost to connect in Service Studio, you need to use localhost as well in the browser.

It's also important that the browser you are using is in the same pc as your Service Studio you are trying to debug on.

Not sure if there were any changes affecting the debugger in this last revision. Did you have any problems before?

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi João,

I'm using the same pc to debug and browse with the same FQDN on SS and on the browser.

Before everything was OK.

I notice something now. If I try to publish a espace from SS with the debug on, sometimes I get the error:

Regards,
João Pinto
Hi,

I checked and didn't find any changes related to the debugger in this version.
The behavior appears to be that one of the requests is getting stuck somewhere. That can happen when theres a firewall/antivirus/program blocking streaming requests or serializing requests to the same host.

Can you do a submit feedback after getting that error? You can do it help menu if theres no button around.
Please fill the email field so we can find it.

Regards,
João Rosado