Service Studio installaion in ubuntu

Service Studio installaion in ubuntu

hi, I have downloaded Service Studio Trial version. But I dont know how to install it in ubuntu. Please help me for this. Thanks in advance :)
Service Studio is a windows application. You won't be able to install it in ubuntu.

While you can have the server side of the OutSystems Platform in linux (we have RedHat/CentOS packages), the developer tools (Service Studio and Integration Studio) are only available for Windows.
Thanks for answer Ricardo Silva. But please tell me what do I do now. Should I use RedHat/CentOS packeges or something else ?
You can install a windows virtual machine on Ubuntu and install Service Studio there, or you can try running Service Studio with Wine (http://www.winehq.org/)
@carlos Yes,I use Debian Linux and I have been thinking if using a wine.I have wine version 1.4 stable. Other windows apps work smoothly even my internet download manager. But I have a question for you.outsystem Ap relies on other external dependencies to install and function like iis,SQL and visual studio.would I have to install these via wine also. Thanks
Hi Tmlewin,

Probably if you watch this video at the Academy about installing the OutSystems Platform, it should become clear.
You can also use these diagrams to understand a bit better.

Basically the OutSystems Platform has several components:
  • Platform Server (A set of services running, an application to configure the services, an application server and a database server). This is what Ricardo was telling that we have in two flavors:.NET or Java.
  • Development Tools where you design, code and deploy your applications. These tools run on Windows only.
  • Consoles where you can manage your applications, environments and infrastructure. These run on a web browser, so they are operating system agnostic.
The Community Edition packs all this stuff together in one simple installer, but the drawback is that it is only available for .NET only.
To see the requirements you need to install the OutSystems Platform, you can go here.
And here you have the installation checklist for the Java version.

Hope this helps you getting started.
Tmlewin Eruchie wrote:
@carlos Yes,I use Debian Linux and I have been thinking if using a wine.I have wine version 1.4 stable. Other windows apps work smoothly even my internet download manager. But I have a question for you.outsystem Ap relies on other external dependencies to install and function like iis,SQL and visual studio.would I have to install these via wine also. Thanks
Tested this, ServiceStudio does not run in wine.
@Robert Thanks. I guess the only solution is to install via a virtual box.
In case you're also wondering about Mono,

Even if Service Studio and Integration Studio are .NET applications, last time I checked mono didn't implement many of the libraries that we use for display, so it's a dead end there too.

So the only foreseeable solution for this is to have Service and Integration Studio in a virtual machine.
@Ricardo I think running windows and out systems via virtual box is the way forward because my Microsoft is really limiting what mono can really offer by not opening up.I have used the virtual box on my Debian and everything is working as smooth vast butter