Integration Studio 8.0.0.8 problems

Integration Studio 8.0.0.8 problems

We are testing internally the new RC 8.0.0.8 and I'm having some problems with this version:

1. App crash while downloading\migrating some extensions;
2. Sometimes I get this error when I'm publishing the extension:

System.ArgumentException: HEMessageArrayList only stores HEMessage objects

Server stack trace: 
  at OutSystems.RuntimeCommon.HEMessageArrayList.Add(Object val)
  at #xVd.#f3.#1Yd(Int32 producerVersionId, String producerKey, String producerKind)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
  at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
  at OutSystems.HubEdition.ICompiler.CheckConsumerReferences(Int32 producerVersionId, String producerKey, String producerKind)
  at OutSystems.NssOMLProcessor.CssOMLProcessor.MssCheckConsumerReferences(Int32 ssProducerVersionId, String ssProducerKey, String ssProducerKind, RLHEMessageRecordList& ssMessages)
Hi Carlos,

Still having problems?

Could you clarify what you mean with "App crash while downloading\migrating some extensions;" ?

regards,
João Portela

After updating from 8.0.0.5 to 8.0.0.8, after downloading the extension with Integration Studio, IS stoped responding when it was upgrading the extension, and I had to manually terminate the process.
This behavior it's not hapening anymore, and it was just with 2 extensions.

At this moment I only have the error above with one of our extensions.
Hi Carlos,

If you still have the problems, I suggest you to contact OutSystems Support (support@outsystems.com) and provide the extensions where you have the problems.

Regards,
João Portela

Carlos,
Recently we had this problem publishing the extension "Template_SampleData" in the Quality environment.
Was this one of the two extensions that you also had problems?

I really don't know what this extension is used for and if it really is necessary...
Hi Tiago, 

The problem was solved in Platform versions 7.0.1.19 and 8.0.0.12.

could you please confirm that you are using a version older than on of these?

regards,
João Portela
João,
I confirm that we are using an older platform server version than the ones that you indicated, namely 8.0.0.5.
I'll ask for a platform version upgrade.
Thank you.

João Portela wrote:
Hi Tiago, 

The problem was solved in Platform versions 7.0.1.19 and 8.0.0.12.

could you please confirm that you are using a version older than on of these?

regards,
João Portela

Hi Tiago,

As far as I remember there's a basic workaround: add a dummy action to the extension. I'm not sure if you need to refer it or not in the consumer espaces.

Also, I think the extension is published anyway. the error was being raised in a post publish validation (outdated consumers).
Care to validate?

regards,
João Portela

The workaround we used was to eliminate the references to this extension, as its description is "Version 5.0.3. Extension with sample data for the template application." and no actions were being referenced, just "Extension Content" (?).

Yes, the extension is published anyway, but when publishing a solution that includes that extension as a dependent component, the solution does not get published.

Proposed basic workaround did not work:
1-Adding a "Dummy" action to the extension did not solve the error.
2-Step 1) and referencing that dummy action in an espace also did not solve the error.
Note: After adding the dummy action to the extension the "Extension Content" (?) disappeared from the references but I think it was still being referenced.
Strange. The problem is related to extensions only with "Extension Content" (ad-hoc resources).
So, by having no consumer espaces refering the "Extension Content" should avoid the error. 

But, do you need additional help? Is it possible to upgrade your server?

regards,
João Portela
João,
At the moment, as I said, we used a workaround that worked (eliminate all references to the extension).
Also, the client's operations team is evaluating the server upgrade.
So right now we don't need additional help.
Thank you for your help.