Web block background colors -> version 8

Web block background colors -> version 8

We have a theme that uses a difference background color. Our Web Screens show this correctly, but the Web Blocks don't. They DO use the right foreground color, so it's impossible to read the screen s(we use black background, white text... so it shows as white on white). What do we need to do to fix this? Do we need one of those Service Studio specific styles in our style sheet?

J.Ja
Hi Justin,

Check the point 22 in the breaking changes document for the workaround.

Regards,
João Rosado
Joao -

I'm so silly.. I *knew* I remember seeing that mentioned somewhere, but I couldn't remember where!

I tried it, though, and it still isn't working. :( Service Studio 8.0.0.8. Should I send this into support with the OMLs?

J.Ja
Hi Justin,

If you put something like this in your CSS it should work:
html body.OUTSYSTEMS_INTERNAL_WEBBLOCK_BODY { 
-servicestudio-background-color: black;
}

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

PS: It seems like a simple copy/paste of this from the pdf document messes the code up.

Tiago -

Yeah, I saw that the copy/paste did it wrong. :( But I've added that in and it still doesn't work. It's in my theme's style sheet, at the very end.

It DOES work if I put it in the style sheet for the block.

The issue seems to be that Service Studio is not properly reading this style from the theme's style sheet.

J.Ja
Hi Justin,

There is no reason why it shouldn't work. I've tried it both with a local and a referenced theme and it worked alright.
Do you want to upload the oml so I can take a look?

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Tiago -

I just did a "submit feedback" on it, thanks!

J.Ja
Hi,

Just to let you know that from version 8.0.1 onwards this CSS workaround should be:

html[data-ss-kind='Nodes.WebBlock']>body { 
    -servicestudio-background-color: black !important;
}

Cheers,
Tiago Simões