[Drag-n-Drop Sortable List] Problem in v8 with new jQuery

[Drag-n-Drop Sortable List] Problem in v8 with new jQuery

Forge Component
(19)
Published on 21 Apr by Vasco Santos
19 votes
Published on 21 Apr by Vasco Santos
If you use OS8 with the new jQuery libraries the jQueryUI method sortable is not avilable in a kind of way, although i see it in the "RichWidgets/jQueryUI/jQueryUIInternal.en.js". For now I am loading the jQueryUI libaries myself,  but due to extra load i would like to avoid this.
Brian -

When we upgrade the component to version 8, we'll take a look at that. Thanks!

J.Ja
Any progress?

1. I also had to inclue jquery-ui
2. I had to change everything from osjs to $
3. I can drag and drop only once if i dont refresh the sortable-webblock
4. if i do refresh the sortable-webblocks I get Error: cannot call methods on sortable prior to initialization; attempted to call method 'destroy'
5. if I remove the if(IsAjaxRequest...) in the script, everything works ok again.

Wendy -

Yes, I am actually working on this right now! I have everything 100% fixed, with the exception of drag/drop from one list to another. I was going to post this version as a development version at the end of the day after some additional testing. If you check back Monday, it will be in the version list.

J.Ja
I have uploaded a development version that is 8.0 compatible using the built-in 1.8.3 jQuery and loading jQueryUI 1.10 from Google's CDN. There's a known bug with drag/drop BETWEEN lists on Chrome, but drag/drag WITHIN lists is fine.

J.Ja

Hello Justin,

Can this component work when paging is used?

I tried to find out myself but when using the testscreens (tableRecords), setting the linecount to 5 records and create more then 5 records, the paging isn't working. I can only get the first 5 records.

I have used the developer version since where working with version 8.0.

Kind regards,
Evert
Evert -

Good question, I really do not know. I do not see why not, though. The paging should be pretty separate from the content of the rows itself. I'd try stepping through the debugger to see what the paging is returning to your queries.

J.Ja

Justin,

That would be great.

Kind regards,
Evert
Hello All,

I am using this component in a record list and when I drag the line to sort looks like an empty div from the size of the table record is created and all the lines after the selected one are pushed down leaving a white space in the middle until I drop the line.

I am using service studio 7. This only happens in IE8. 

Do you have any clue on how to solve it? Have you had the same issue? I found the same behaviour (but with less impact because the table record is smaler) with the sample espace provided using IE8.

Best Regards,

Ana Reis
Ana -

I don't know if this component will with with IE8. :(

J.Ja

Hi,

I can confirm that this component works in IE 8.

Kind regards,
Evert