Web screens available, Data is not available -> error log available

Web screens available, Data is not available -> error log available

Hi there,

When I publish my eSpace I do see the webscreens, but the data is not displayed.

In service center I find the following error log:
Kan geen verbinding maken omdat de doelcomputer de verbinding actief heeft geweigerd 127.0.0.1:12004
(translation: Can't make a connection, because targetcomputer has declined/refused the connection actively 127.0.0.1:12004)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket(EndPoint ipEndPoint)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSocket(String machinePortAndSid, Boolean openNew)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
bij OutSystems.NssOMLProcessor.CssOMLProcessor.MssGetServiceStatus(String ssHostAddress, String ssServicePort, RLQueueStatusRecordList& ssQueues, RLThreadStatusRecordList& ssThreads)
bij ssServiceCenter.RssExtensionOMLProcessor.MssGetServiceStatus(HeContext heContext, String inParamHostAddress, String inParamServicePort, RecordList& outParamQueues, RecordList& outParamThreads)

I assume that is the reason that I don't get the data displayed.
I also assume this problem occurs do to a setting in Windows. I have attached a Word document with the Outsystem messages and the Networkconnection on my system.

Can anyone assist me overcoming this error?

Regards,
Arnold Grippeling

Hi Arnold,

The error you're showing is due to the front-end server not being able to connect to the SMS Connector service in your installation. It's most likely due to the service not being running, or having entered an erroneous state. Please check that it is running.

Regarding your problem where the data is not displayed, can you elaborate a bit on that? Perhaps give us some screenshots of the issue, along with an example eSpace where that error is occurring?
Hi Arnold,

Those errors should not be related with the data problem. ":12004" is the "OutSystems SMS Connector Service", that you probably don't have it turned on.

But in your screenshot I can see that you deleted your eSpace at some point. Was this just before you started having problems?

Deleting eSpaces causes problems like that. Because existing tables won't be reused after deletes, forcing the platform to create new tables, justifying your missing data.
If that is the case, then data is still on the database but the current tables are being used are not the ones with the data.

I think the best opion here is to use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to login in your database and see if you can export the data from the old tables to the new ones.

Here is a query to help you find the old and new tables names:

Select ossys_espace.Name [Espace Name], ossys_espace.Is_Active, ossys_entity.Name [Entity Name], ossys_entity.Physical_Table_Name [Table Name]
from ossys_espace
INNER JOIN ossys_entity on ossys_entity.espace_id = ossys_espace.id
where ossys_espace.Name like 'ZAP%'
order by ossys_espace.Is_Active DESC, ossys_espace.Name, ossys_entity.Name

Regards,
João Rosado
Thanks for the info>

First I got this problem and after getting some 'database' errors when I published earlier and the latest version I deleted the eSpace. Then I uploaded the eSpace that I had stored locally, onfortunately not with the deisred result. I did this for two eSpaces which I have connected with eachother (references).
I also again executed the stop/start services with administration tools: no such luck there.

If I need to use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio where can I find it; Im not familiar with it.
Is it as a standard available on my pc, or should I execute it with a DOS box? Or can I download/install it?
Where actually is the database stored?

Is the following suggestion als an option?
Locally I have an eSpace which bootstraps the data. If I execute this eSpace first and when all the data is all there I should be able to merge this eSpace with the latest version I have of this eSpcae.

In the next message I will also include a Word document with a printscreen of the browser (I'm not sure the printscreen is attached in this message.

Regards,
Arnold Grippeling

Edited by André Vieira on request of user to remove attachment.
In this message I have attached a printscreen of the browser (page 2).

Regards,
Arnold Grippeling
If you have an early version of the eSpace that can sucessfully boostrap the data, yes It's a good option.
Just publish the old version, do the bootstraping and then publish the latest version.

The Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio is a tool to make queries and manage your database. Can be downloaded at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29062 (it's just the file named SQLManagementStudio_x86_ENU.exe). You should install it on the same machine as your server.

Regards,
João Rosado
Joao,

Thanks for your answers.

It was indeed simple to publish the older version (bootstrap) and replace it with the later version. Outsystems just aks you to replace. How simple can it be!

Unfortunately, after processing the above it still doesn't give me any data.......

Should I just delete the application and create a new one?

Regards,
Arnold