Custom Action - User Registration - Messages are not being displayed 

Custom Action - User Registration - Messages are not being displayed 

Hi,
I have a register page where users can register.  The custom action that I am using checks the email and phone numbers are unique, if not, displays an error message to the user.

This used to work but no longer works.

The funny thing here is that if I register with an existing email/phone number, the page refreshes with no error but if I log in as a admin then I see the error from the previous screen.

Any help would be great.

Paul.

Hi Paul,

«the page refreshes with no error but if I log in as a admin then I see the error from the previous screen»

I assume you're using RichWidget's Feedback_Message. This works by keeping the message in session, until it's displayed. Now, there are two components for this:
  • the Feedback_Message action (that you're invoking - you can find it in the Logic tab, under RichWidget's references).
  • the Feedback_Message (yeah, same name) web block (you can find it in the Interface tab, under RichWidget's references).
For displaying these messages, your screen needs to include the Feedback_Message web block. Usually, this is not done in the screen itself (because you'd have to add it to each screen), but in its layout instead (e.g. default Layout_Normal). Probably it's not there anymore, but still present in the login page (or the one following that, not sure from your text).

Hi

Thank you for a quick reply.

I will check this evening.
Paul.