[ardoJSON] Trouble with JSON array value

[ardoJSON] Trouble with JSON array value

Forge Component
Published on 30 Aug by Ricardo Silva
20 votes
Published on 30 Aug by Ricardo Silva
I'm playing around with Google Calendar API and I'm using ardoJSON to parse the output from the API.

The problem I'm facing is this:

At a certain point my JSON may have a key attribute called "recurrence" that is of type array but the value is a string and not a collection of items inside curly brackets.

"recurrence": [

So now in my espace my structure must have an attribute called "recurrence" of type record list but if I say the record definition is a structure with a text value it will fail.

What can I do to overcome this situation?
So just after publishing I noticed a related discussion (Google Books API integration) and I changed the record definition from a structure with text attribute to text directly and it's working now. :)
In order to make use of record lists which were flattened the receiving records needs to have a single attribute named Value of the type being deserialized.

In this case recurrence will be a record list of a record with a Value attribute of type text. The default "Text" record works fine on this :)
I would like to remind you of the existence of the RestWebServices component which takes care of building the required structures for you, if you give it an example.