Forge Component
(9)
Published on 19 Oct by OutSystems
9 votes
Published on 19 Oct by OutSystems
HI,
Actually i working on integrating asp.net with salesforce 
but im getting an error:
"unable to automatically step into the server.connecting to the server machine 'login.salesforce.com failed.The debugger cannot connect to the remote computer.This may be because the remote computer does not exist or a firewall may be preventing communication to remote server".

Can any one solve this problem. Please help me.

Thank you.

Hello hanna teki,

Do you get this error when you try to run your application or only when you try to run the debugger?
Which issue with the extension code are you trying to debug?

Thank you,
Pedro Queiros
Thanks pedro,
Im getting the error when im trying to run the debugger. I didn't understand about that extension code.what is extension code.

Thank you
Hello hana teki,

because you mentioned "integrating asp.net with salesforce" I was not sure if you were running the Service Studio debugger or the asp.net debugger. Which one are you running? The error you are getting looks like you are trying to run the .net debugger.

Which OutSystems Platform version are you using and which Service Studio are you using to debug?

Best regards,
Pedro Queiros
Thanks pedro,
Im not using any service studio debuggers. im running my application only with visual studio 2008 asp.net debugger.

Even im not using any outsystems platform or any service studio.
For this application  i need to use any service studios? if yes - please mention how to do that .
Hi hanna,

I think you need some extra context before we can help. :)

You landed on the community support forums for developers using the OutSystems Platform (overview here: http://www.outsystems.com/platform/). This is a discussion page for the "Salesforce.com Connector" - a platform extension/component that was built using the Integration Studio software - which enables applications built with Service Studio (the platform development tool) to connect to Salesforce.

If you're programming is .NET directly (i.e. not using the OutSystems Platform and this component) then the best way to move forward might be to explore this resource:
http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/NET-Development/how-NET-connect-to-SalesForce/m-p/179812#M8128
and other resources specific to Visual Studio for some hints on the issue you're having with the debugger.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Davide