Barcamp Benelux - Bits & Bijts

Barcamp Benelux - Bits & Bijts

Update on 2013-10-10:
Since we could not get the location fully populated with participants, we have relocated the event to a more informal location. All participants will received an email with the new location.

Hi all!

It is my pleasure to announce the next !

This second BarCamp will take place on 17 October from 15:30 to 19:00 @ Landgoed Groenhoven – Groenhoven Estate and will serve as a get together for our BENELUX community members and general public.

BarCamp? What’s that?

A Barcamp is an ad-hoc unconference born from the desire for people to share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, demos and interaction between attendees.

The BarCamp basics are:

• Anyone with something to contribute or with the desire to learn is welcome and invited to join;

• When you come, be prepared to share with BarCampers.
    Attendees must be prepared to give a demo, lead a session, help others setting up their own presentations or simply contribute to the conversation - no tourists allowed. :)

• When you leave, be prepared to share with the world.
    Presenters are responsible for making sure that notes/slides/audio/video of their presentations are published on the web for the benefit of all and those who can’t be present  (
    SlideShare or Prezi are perfect for this).

• All presentations are scheduled the day they happen. The people present at the event will select the demos or presentations they want to see.

Check out this other forum discussion to see how a BarCamp looks. :)

That sounds awesome! Where do I Signup?

Everyone who wants to attend has to reply to this discussion with their willingness to participate. If you have an idea for a session please share it as soon as possible (even if you’re not available to do the presentation yourself) and we will add it to the “Proposed Sessions” below. This way the other attendees will be able to provide feedback on the idea, help preparing the session or simply get excited about the BarCamp lineup and start getting the word out.

Event Details (updated daily)

… waiting for attendees to sign up …

Proposed sessions

Confirmed attendees

• Martin Westra

• Mário Araújo

•  

Tentative attendees (please confirm)

• Marcel Onck

BarCamp Timeline

• … to be filled in on the day of the event ...

Cheers!

Martin
Not sure why... but the #1 feedback on the first BarCamp was that there wasn't any Bar around. :)
Davide Marquês wrote:
Not sure why... but the #1 feedback on the first BarCamp was that there wasn't any Bar around. :)
 There is a bar.. and it is in the afternoon so drinks and bytes will be served!

And great presentations!
Let's make a start on the topics to talk about:
I like to talk about all the new things in version 8 of the OutSystems platform, I will demo these things too.

Good, Martin!
I'm sure you are preparing a great event for the BENELUX community! Enjoy!
Great idea!

Count me in - still thinking about what to present...
André Mota wrote:
Good, Martin!
I'm sure you are preparing a great event for the BENELUX community! Enjoy!
 Thanks, feel free to drop by if you are in the neighbourhood..

I am interested to participate. Although I am just an OutSystems beginner, I am willing and ready to learn.
However, there is not much time left to the planned date of 17 October and I see only 2 participants ?

Marcel Onck wrote:
I am interested to participate. Although I am just an OutSystems beginner, I am willing and ready to learn.
However, there is not much time left to the planned date of 17 October and I see only 2 participants ?

Hi Marcel, you are more then welcome to come and participate. Although only 2 people responded so far, more will come and otherwise we have some great 1on1 conversations. :-) If you come, three is a crowd!

That's the spirit!

Martin, what do you think about doing a google hangout for remote participants?
That could open the door not only for remote viewers but also for remote presenters. ;)
@Davide: have it open, would actually be pretty awesome!
Would be nice to have an introduction who Martin is ... :-)
Davide Marquês wrote:
That's the spirit!

Martin, what do you think about doing a google hangout for remote participants?
That could open the door not only for remote viewers but also for remote presenters. ;)
 Davide,

should be possible, just need to check some wifi speed locally. Let's take this off line.

Joop Stringer wrote:
 Hi Joop,
since the beginning of this year I am the sales engineer in the Benelux for OutSystems. So in case you have any specific questions, please do let me know.  Joop, does this mean that you will join? 

Martin Westra wrote:
Joop Stringer wrote:
 Hi Joop,
since the beginning of this year I am the sales engineer in the Benelux for OutSystems. So in case you have any specific questions, please do let me know.  Joop, does this mean that you will join? 
And almost 10 months later we know......

Like Marcel said, it's a bit short day.... let me think about it, has been a while since the last one.

Kind regards,
Evert
AGHA!!!

Evert van der Zalm wrote:
Martin Westra wrote:
Joop Stringer wrote:
 Hi Joop,
And almost 10 months later we know......

Like Marcel said, it's a bit short day.... let me think about it, has been a while since the last one.

Kind regards,
Evert
 Don't be so sarcastic Evert :-)

Patricia Santos wrote:
And great presentations!
 Which presentations ??

The ones done by the participants - 
  • Attendees must be prepared to give a demo, lead a session, help others setting up their own presentations or simply contribute to the conversation - no tourists allowed. :)

Hope you can make it! :)

Thursday... the (in)famous-non-portugese-daddy-day :D

Joost,

Somehow your thursday is always the one with an event (-:

Kind regards,
Evert
Hi all,

Are there any people going here?

With just two attendees it sounds little bit small....

Kind regards,
Evert

Enought to drink then Evert :-)
Enought to drink then Evert :-)
It seems like now all data with regards to the BarCamp has been removed from this tread, or?
So, what's the new location, date and programm?
How many attendees until now?
I'll revert to the previous content and add Martin's update on top of that.
At this point in time, please move my name to the "Tentative attendees" since if there are that few attendees I don't see much point in undertaking the long trip. Hopefully, the number of attendees will raise in time. It seems astonishing that for the whole of Belgium, Luxembourg and The Netherlands nobody seems much interested in meeting up? Maybe the idea of the BarCamp (with not much of a pre-configured agenda of "goodies") is insufficient to raise the interest of the generic OutSystems developers?
Marcel Onck wrote:
It seems astonishing that for the whole of Belgium, Luxembourg and The Netherlands nobody seems much interested in meeting up?
I'd like to think otherwise. :)
Maybe the idea of the BarCamp (with not much of a pre-configured agenda of "goodies") is insufficient to raise the interest of the generic OutSystems developers?
The pre-configured agenda would indeed help people in the decision to participate or not.
That's what we usually "provide" in the Bit & Bijt events and what we did on the Birds-of-a-Feather sessions (BOFs) from last last year.

The big downside with the pre-defined agenda is that it doesn't provide space for attendees to participate and share their own projects, knowledge and war stories. It's basically an one-way street... which doesn't takes us to any new places!

That said... this gathering is still on! Join Martin & Mário for a drink and share your heart out!