#SOLVED Window Server 2008R2 migration && error connecting to external sql server.

#SOLVED Window Server 2008R2 migration && error connecting to external sql server.

Hi All,

I'm currently migrating my OS platform to  Window Server 2008R2.
All seems fine, but as it comes to connecting to an external MS SQL db. I get an error (Shown below)
===========================================================================================
[3] The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched.  Inaccessible logs: Security.
[2] The type initializer for 'MS.P.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Instrumentation.DataCommandFailedEvent' threw an exception.
[1] Error retrieving Project data for project: EE300006 - REN, Message: The type initializer for 'MS.P.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Instrumentation.DataCommandFailedEvent' threw an exception.
Error retrieving Project data for project: EE300006 - REN, Message: The type initializer for 'MS.P.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Instrumentation.DataCommandFailedEvent' threw an exception.
==========================================================================================

I have an extension that connects with a MS SQL to retrieve some data.
Running this from my laptop with a test program does not result in an error.

Logging in into the external MS SQL server through SQL Management studio from the hubserver works fine.
To be sure that the server can be reached, the DB does exist and the credentials are oke.

But running the function referenced in an E-space it will run into an error.

My ques is, is that it has to do with some security issues with iis?,but i can't seem to figure it out.

Any sugestions?

Best Regards.

Hi Michiel,

How are you connecting to the database? DB Link, Database Connections or some custom extension code?

If extension code, where does it get the credentials/configurations from?

Regards,
João Rosado
Thanks for the reply.

I solved the problem by changing the default indetity of the applicationpool to "NetworkService"