[Google Maps by LxIS] LxIS Google Maps

[Google Maps by LxIS] LxIS Google Maps

Forge Component
Published on 2014-07-21 by Filipe Martins
7 votes
Published on 2014-07-21 by Filipe Martins
Well I have managed to get a map to my webscreen, but I have a couple of questions:

The map displays with the buttons on the map in Spanish/Portugese.  How can I set the language for the map?

The map allows the user to drag the marker around.  For my usage scenario, the marker would be fixed on the map showing the location as passed by an address field.  How can I set it so that the marker is fixed?

The nearest example of how I want to use the LxIS solution is the 'AddSingleMarker' example in their downloaded eSpace.  However, I have an address field on my webscreen and on opening the screen I would like to show the map with the marker fixed at the coordinates of the address derived from the Address field.

Is this possible in this solution

Hi Colin,

In fact, the display language in the map was Portuguese.

However, a new version has just been published. Now, each widget has a Language input parameter where you can specify the language you want the map to display.

Regarding your question, currently we can only display locations in the map using their GPS Coordinates. If you want to use an address, the best alternative would be to fetch the coordinates of that address and then use those coordinates do display the location in the map. Unfortunately, our component still does not support fetching GPS coordinates by location address.

If you don't want to allow the marker in the map to be draggable, you should use the GoogleShowMarker webblock.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.