how to use embedded jquery ui

how to use embedded jquery ui

Hi All,
        I am using 8.0.0.3 service studio version with 1.4.2 OS jquery. I recently learned that there is an embedded jquery ui version in outsystems. How can I use it ? Specifically I want to use jquery ui dialog with yes no buttons and want to perform some action based on clicks. I am currently using native javascript confirm for that but would like to use jquery ui. Any suggestions ? 

Thanks
Hi,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there is a version of JQuery UI in Outsystems. You can select a newer JQuery version but that's it. However, including JQuery UI yourself is very easy and straightforward.

Let me know if you need help with that...
Actually I was referring to this post..http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/10667/upgrading-espace-from-7-to-8-jquery-changes/..Joao is menthioning that "As for jQueryUI, if you change to 1.8 you will have to provide your own jQueryUI."...So I thought that there is some version embedded there that is old version..Thanks for clarifying. 

So Is it possible for me to use jquery ui with a new version of jquery on just one page ? Will it interfere with 1.4.2 OS version ?  (I don't want to change to jquery 1.8.3 for entire e-Space right now as that would require me to do some regression testing)

Regards
It is possible to include a piece a javascript code or a an entire library on just one page. One way to do this would be to create a webblock, add the javascript to the webblock properties and then include the webblock on your page. It will load last, so in theory you shouldn't have any issues with the default 1.4.2 OS version. 

As for the post you are referring to, I have no clue what JQuery UI version they are talking about. Maybe it is indeed embedded in the 1.4.2 JQuery OS version. Maybe someone else can clarify ...
Hi khusuwant s,

The platform does embed a jQuery UI both if you're using 1.4.2 OS jQuery or jQuery 1.8.3.
Since you're using 1.4.2 OS jQuery you can just try to use $('#" + yourDiv.Id + "').dialog()...
If you switch to 1.8.3 you'll have to include your jQuery UI that's compatible with jQuery 1.8.3

Cheers
Hi,

Just to clarify what I said on the topic that was linked by khusuwant.
The inclusion of the jquery UI by the platform is currently deprecated.

With the "1.4.2 OS jQuery" it is still included for backward compability but only if you have on your page some RichWidgets components that were including them on previous versions.

Regards,
João Rosado
Thanks all for your replies and clarifying it. Joao , Could you please name some of those RichWidgets components ? 

Regards
André Vieira wrote:
Hi khusuwant s,

The platform does embed a jQuery UI both if you're using 1.4.2 OS jQuery or jQuery 1.8.3.
Since you're using 1.4.2 OS jQuery you can just try to use $('#" + yourDiv.Id + "').dialog()...
If you switch to 1.8.3 you'll have to include your jQuery UI that's compatible with jQuery 1.8.3

Cheers
 André ... in your last sentence you say: "...you'll have to include a version that's compatible ...." 
 So question : is there or is there NOT a version of UI included if you switch to 1.8.3 ?
To my best knowledge I don't see it and can't use it if I switch ... tried tooltip and doesn't work

Included the latest version of UI.js including the css and it works like a charm

Joop Stringer wrote:
André Vieira wrote:
Hi khusuwant s,

Cheers
 André ... in your last sentence you say: "...you'll have to include a version that's compatible ...." 
 So question : is there or is there NOT a version of UI included if you switch to 1.8.3 ?
To my best knowledge I don't see it and can't use it if I switch ... tried tooltip and doesn't work

Included the latest version of UI.js including the css and it works like a charm

Hi Joop,

If you switch to jQuery 1.8.3 and you use RichWidgets there's a customized version of jQuery UI included that you can't use, hence you'll have to include a version that is compatible with jQuery 1.8.3.

I'm glad you got it working :)

Cheers,
André

André,
I don't understand the reason why there is a modified version of UI in the platform ...
Why can't OS include a right version of UI when I switch to 1.8.3 ? 
Must not be so hard to do that ... I know you can include stuff in the header via HTTPRequest actions, but it would make life much easier :-)
Joop Stringer wrote:
André,
I don't understand the reason why there is a modified version of UI in the platform ...
Why can't OS include a right version of UI when I switch to 1.8.3 ? 
Must not be so hard to do that ... I know you can include stuff in the header via HTTPRequest actions, but it would make life much easier :-)
It is the developer's decision to include or not jQuery UI, doesn't make much sense that the platform would force that with the inevitable overhead.
Why can't you use the customized OS version? Because it is not guaranteed that it would work with other components based on the official jQuery UI.