Test connections in configuration tool

Test connections in configuration tool

When we press the button "test connection" on the configuration tool what is executed behind?
Hi João,

The test connection creates a connection to the database and does some queries to check if the user has the necessary permissions on the catalog.

Are you having some problem with it?

Regards,
João Rosado
When we are having problems with the front-end, like applications not responding or very very slow, logs like the below are being loged:

"TNS:o listener não conseguiu efectuar entrega da ligação ao cliente"

and

"ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate 123404 bytes (QERHJ hash-joi,kllcqas:kllsltba)"

the "test connection" on configuration tool some times in that period also fails!

I'm solving this type of problems by recycling the aplication pool, but i must discover the main cause!
I'm suspiciouse that the plataform, is not handling well with dead connections.
A query to count the number of connection would be nice..

Any ideia to mislead this situation?
Hi,

Don't know if this topic helps, but speaks about application pool recycling and recommended values for OutSystems, maybe you can find some workaround.
Hi João,

Both errors are caused by the same problem: Your database server (not the platform one) is out of memory. Check with your DBA the memory usage of your oracle databases.

The ORA-04030 is the normal error in that situation. And then it stops rejecting connections causing the other error.

Regards,
João Rosado