Chrome browser prompts for credentials before my login page is loaded

Chrome browser prompts for credentials before my login page is loaded

Hi All,

I have developed a login page(Login.aspx) in my newly created espace application.When I try to browse my application like  http://ServerName/applicationName in chrome browser,it prompts for my domain credentials.These credentials are the same which user needs to enter in my new login page.If I provide my credentials in prompt window it will redirect to my application login page.My login application has couple of product links which needs to be accessed only when user enters his credentials in my login page.Since the user already provided his credentials in browser prompt window,the product links are automatically accessible which should not happen until user manually provides his credentials in login page.The user when browse my application he should be redirected to my login page instead of prompting credentials from browser.How Can I achieve this?

Thanks,
Prashanth
Hi Prashanth,

It seems that, when developing your application, you did not give "Anonymous" permissions to your Web Screen. Can you please check that, on the web screen properties panel, you ticked the check box that says "Anonymous" (as depicted blow)? This can be the source of your problem.

Ricardo Alves
To me it sounds more like you have Integrated Authentication enabled either in the login page or its flow. When this is the case, the server will ask for domain credentials to the browser and - other than IE that supports transparent kerberos authentication - all browsers will ask for them in a popup.

Miguel
Not true Miguel, not true...

I've seen Chrome provide the required credentials without a popup !

But still, if your machine is not on the same domain as the server machine, you might get this. Or when negotiation fails for some reason, so ... Miguel might still be correct in that what you have is a system using Integrated Authentication :)
Hi Prashanth,

It sounds to me that you want LDAP Authentication. This way you can check the user's domain credentials after he has entered them in your login page.

Lennart
Ricardo Alves wrote:
Hi Prashanth,

It seems that, when developing your application, you did not give "Anonymous" permissions to your Web Screen. Can you please check that, on the web screen properties panel, you ticked the check box that says "Anonymous" (as depicted blow)? This can be the source of your problem.

Ricardo Alves
 Hi Ricardo,

Sorry for late reply.I am on vacation.Thanks for your reply.I have enabled the "Anonymous" permission and now I don't see any popup asking for credentials in any of the browsers.

Regards,
Prashanth

Lennart Kraak wrote:
Hi Prashanth,

It sounds to me that you want LDAP Authentication. This way you can check the user's domain credentials after he has entered them in your login page.

Lennart
 Hi Lennart,

Thanks for your reply.Yes it is LDAP authentication.As "Ricardo" suggested when I enable the "Anonymous"
I don't see popups and now the user is directly redircted to my login page where in he enters domain credentials.

Regards,
Prashanth

Hello,

I seem to have somewhat similar problem but I have login.html page (using simple html, javascript, jquery and php)

When I try to browse a subdomain(requires username & password) which I created for my users like  http://subdomainName.maindomainName.io in chrome or any other browser, it prompts for domain credentials.

So instead of prompting the browsers native login prompt, i want  the use to be redirected to my login page(login.html). Is it possible?

Thanks,

Arien