Community version load failure

Community version load failure

Win 7 64 bit. SSD as C drive, conventional as D = Data drive.
Downloaded latest community version of OS.
Service Studio seems to go to completion.
Platform server displays 'Has stopped working' message - (Windows tries to find a solution and you have to close the search) - for the following .tmp files. All start with NS
F613
328B
4D89
6CAD
9B99
96CC

Service Center seems to go to install completion.

The application appears to go into Launch Mode, and then the error message
'There was an error contacting 'local host': invalid user name or password' appears.
I have had the community version working previously, however the problems appeared when I tried to install the latest version as suggested. I removed the whole lot (except the Registry entries for OS) and tried a reinstall and these are the problem files.

UAC is turned off.
AVG is my Virus checker.

Please advise options if available. If I need to do a complete clear down and reinstall, please advise Regedit process. 

Hi Ted,

In order to help you further, we need to know a few more details about the installer you're trying to run.

Is it the installer that "stops working"?
Does that happen when you run the community installer?
Can you point us to which installer are you using?

Cheers,
Miguel
Is it the installer that "stops working"?
Answer = No. The installer runs to completion. During installation I get the message "nsb0e8.tmp has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution" . All of the .tmp files named above seem to be affected. The installer seems to still run.

Does that happen when you run the community installer?
Answer = Yes.

Can you point us to which installer are you using?
Answer = 8.0.0.15 - at least that is what comes up in the details for the Service Centre information as it's processing. It is the version offered via the OS website - Community Edition.
From the symptoms you've described, it seems like something is failing during the installation but for some reason the installation doesn't abort.

Can you check if you've got a folder in your Program Files\OutSystems\Installer called "Logs"? If you do have it, can you send me zip with the contents of that folder? If the file is small enough to send through email, you can drop it to miguel.ventura at outsystems.

Cheers,
Miguel
Hi Ted,

From the logs you sent me, apparently the installation finishes successfully, and even System Components is properly installed, which indicates that all of the platform's components are up and running.

Where do you get the error about the invalid username and password? Is it in Service Studio? Have you tried using the default username/password: admin/admin ?
That seems to be the problem, at least I have managed to connect to the server now.
The default loging was my e-mail, so I had presumed that it was set for a reason.
As my dad used to say - "never underestimate the power of stupidity son!".
Sorry to have troubled you.
I should have tried the default, and my presumption that I was locked out because of the loading errors I got was incorrect. 
Hi Ted,

Actually I'm glad you've contacted us about the problem.

There's clearly an issue with some of the installer components that seem to be exiting in a way that is perceived by Windows as a crash, which ends up being rather confusing. Because the installation ends up successfully, we didn't have visibility upon that issue. The distinction between the community login and server login is also blury and it's something we should look into, so although I agree with your father, we do have our share of guilt on this matter.

So, once again, thank you for contacting us with your issue.

Best regards,
Miguel