create database connection to an external SQL server in the outsystems java stack

create database connection to an external SQL server in the outsystems java stack

Hi,

I want to create a database connection in my outsystems oracle java stack to an external sql-server. In service studio I only can create a oracle dbms dB connection.
Does anyone knows how I can create it? E.g. do I need to install een java-sql-server driver, or extension. Or should I use Soap to interact with the other database? 
Regards,

Hans
Hello Hans,

This feature is not on our short-term roadmap, but it is on our long-term roadmap without a set date for delivery yet.

You have a support case with this question and I have made a couple more questions regarding your specific scenario to help us prioritize this issue in our backlog.

Best regards,
Ricardo Silva
Are there any updates on this one?
Yes.

As of version 9 of the OutSystems Platform it's possible to create a database connection to SQL Server in the Java stack.

In fact, the database connection capabilities of the OutSystems Platform are identical in both stacks, meaning you can connect to:

- MySQL
- Oracle
- SQL Server
- DB2

using both Java and .NET.

Best regards,
Ricardo Silva
Thanks a lot!