Is there info on the hardcoded, constant OS values/styles with Service Studio 8.0?

Is there info on the hardcoded, constant OS values/styles with Service Studio 8.0?

Since OS8 I see in SS sometimes CSS styles that seems to be defined bij OS: for instance the style "OSInlineClear" that is used as a style in a table. I did not place it there nor defined it.

Unfortunately this style doesn't appear in the style sheet neither does give a search on OS online give any results.
So my question is, is there a list of these 'hardcoded' styles?

Also edit fields do now have sometimes constant values like 6char. However it is not possible to choose it in a dropdown list. These hardcoded, constant values are a bit confusing on the moment. It is not clear where they come from, what they are or how many variants there are out there.

Hi Hans,

I believe these styles are related to the grid (Use Grid property in your theme). I guess for now they're internal and don't appear in Service Studio. You can see an example here:
http://www.outsystems.com/forums/_Basic.css

Thanks, it starts making sense now..
Some of this styling appears when you select a certain option from a dropdown property. For example OSFillParent appears when you select "fill parent" for the width property. Other styling for example appears when you set "Grid" to yes on your theme.

To answer you question, there is no list of hardcoded styles. It is however easy enough to find them. Just load your application and inspect the html header to see all the css that is loaded. As Paulo stated you will see _Basic.css and many more. 

At this point I do not know a way to change or override these styles directly in Service Studio, but there is a workaround.
Hi Hans,

Take a look into Service Studio 8.0 Help: Styles Applied by the Grid. (It is a bit oudated, OSInlineBlock has been renamed OSInline, I've notified our documentation team)

Aditionally, on the Chicago CSS you can find:

.OSInlineClear {
  /* This style will never be used in runtime.
  When applied in Service Studio, it will prevent the style 'OSInline' from being
  automatically applied to divs and tables with widths != (fill parent) */
}

This style is applied on tables when upgrading from previous versions to not break compability. For all new tables you create, by default, if their width is different than (fill parent) OSInline will be aplied, so you can put other widgets side-by-side, making designing pages a lot easier and more consistent.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Ah, that was probably the reason I couldn't get results with the search.
Tiago Simões wrote:
Hi Hans,

Take a look into Service Studio 8.0 Help: Styles Applied by the Grid. (It is a bit oudated, OSInlineBlock has been renamed OSInline, I've notified our documentation team)

Aditionally, on the Chicago CSS you can find:

.OSInlineClear {
  /* This style will never be used in runtime.
  When applied in Service Studio, it will prevent the style 'OSInline' from being
  automatically applied to divs and tables with widths != (fill parent) */
}

This style is applied on tables when upgrading from previous versions to not break compability. For all new tables you create, by default, if their width is different than (fill parent) OSInline will be aplied, so you can put other widgets side-by-side, making designing pages a lot easier and more consistent.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Hi,

Where should I add .OSInlineClear {} to? 

I added it to the theme and I still have the OSInline class added to all the divs.

Is there a way to remove the _Basic.css style from my application? The theme I am using does not uses the grid. (The property Grid Type is blank)

Regards,
Cipriano