How to show the percentage completed of a method implemented in an extension?

How to show the percentage completed of a method implemented in an extension?

Hello guys!

I am implementing a upload module (scheduled) in my application and found the first problem I could not solve only through the documentation and forum ... So I come to ask your help ...

I insert a list of files in a table and a process takes care of upload them to a server through an extension.
The flow is working perfectly, but I would like to display the status of upload for each file through my application, because there uploads that can take up to one hour to process. I can monitor the status of the upload, but I don´t found a way to "send" the information to the application... I try to save the completion percentage in table field directly from the extension, but without success...
Does anyone have any suggestions?
simplifying: I would like to display the status of each upload in a table list of application.

Thank you!
HB
Hi HB,

I don't think I'm completely understanding your current flow.

From what I understood, you're using an extension to take care of an upload and want to report the progress of the upload (managed by the extension) to a webpage.

Is the upload being performed by the user viewing the webpage? Or is it some other kind of process?

Cheers,
Miguel
Hi Miguel,

The complete flow is:
1- users insert a new record with a youtube video url
2 - A (OS) process do the work:
?  2.1 - download the video to a folder in server
  2.2 - convert and make some updates in video
  3.3 - upload the video converted back to youtube

The Download, conversion and upload are processed by methods  in extension and actualy i can show de status: new, downloading, converting, uploading and done, but what i want is save the done percentual of upload (and download too) to database each 5 seconds, for example. 

Sorry for my bad English ant thanks for help!
HB