How to stop an eSpace/Solution publication?

How to stop an eSpace/Solution publication?

Hi,

Is there a way to stop an active eSpace/Solution publication?

Thanks in advance
Alexandre -

Not that I have found. You can log into the server and kill the "Compiler Services" process (on a Windows box), but I feel that is a really bad idea in general (who knows what will be left "dangling" and not cleaned up?), unless you KNOW that the results of the publish will be really, truely bad.

J.Ja
AFAIK, the only existing workaround is to force republish a solution.

Regards
Alexandre Yin,

are you sure that force republishing will kill the previous?

and if 1 espace belongs to 2 solutions and you start publish 1 in the middle of the other's publication? 

can the solutions' publication be a parallel process or not?

Cheers
Why do you want this?

While publishing an eSpace there's a "Stop" button on Service Studio. Isn't this working for you?
Ricardo,

We were talking about breaking solutions' publish process. I think there isn't any friendly way to do that.

Check here one of the related problems...
The "stop" button in Service Studio doesn't work anyways. :( It will stop during the upload, but once the upload is done, it won't stop a compile or publish. This may have been fixed though... I just haven't tried it in a while. J.Ja
Other that stopping the compiler and the deployment services on the server and doing a iisreset to kill any pending requests, I'm not sure there's another way.

Well, I suppose pulling the power plug on the server works too...

Not very helpful, was it? 

Alexandre Yin wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to stop an active eSpace/Solution publication?

Thanks in advance

I've done that, don't do that, it is effortless: It simply started to give countless errors due to espaces being already published; I had to let both solution publishing go to the end, and go for a 3rd solution publish...

Regards.
Pedro Ávila

Alexandre Yin wrote:
AFAIK, the only existing workaround is to force republish a solution.

Regards