[File Upload] Set a Max Height or Width?

[File Upload] Set a Max Height or Width?

Forge Component
(10)
Published on 16 Feb by Pedro Oliveira
10 votes
Published on 16 Feb by Pedro Oliveira
Hello,

Would it be hard to add functionality to resize images on client side before uploading?

(as shown here )

Application users who are working on a cellular/mobile network (non wifi) can experience a very long and frustrating delay when uploading images from the phone or tablet. The latest models of smart devices have a very high resolution image output, and this is used by default when uploading to the server. Resizing can of course be done on server side, however the aim is to reduce the initial upload time.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Robbie N.
Hi Robbie,

Just talked to Carlos about this and he says the wrapped jQuery library does offer what you are requesting.

It's a matter of surfacing that functionality on the jQuery File Upload component. Since he's a bit busy with work, can you give him a hand updating the component to support this feature?

Cheers!
Davide
Hi Davide,

Unfortunately, my javascript is not the best. I don't think I would be able to update the component with the changes we have discussed.

Is there anyone else out there who can take a look?

Thanks

Robbie

Hi All

Now, is there solution for this issue ?

> Would it be hard to add functionality to resize images on client side before uploading?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Itqon