Error with Input_Calendar richwidget and jquery in IE8

Error with Input_Calendar richwidget and jquery in IE8

Hi Paulo,
We have a Input_Calendar richwidget on page and also have a jquery 2.0 web block on same page. If we call some jquery function on button click after selecting date from calendar  it is giving error below:

Line: 66153707
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://172.16.48.135/TimesheetReports/TimesheetReports.ReportsMain.aspx

This is only happening in IE 8. In other browsers it is working fine.

jQuery 2.x doesn't support IE 8 (or any previous version, in fact) so that's your problem right there.

If you really have to support IE 8, you should try jQuery 1.10.2. But that might cause other problems, especially if your site/app is using things that are new to jQuery 2.x.
Carlos Ribeiro da Fonseca wrote:

jQuery 2.x doesn't support IE 8 (or any previous version, in fact) so that's your problem right there.

If you really have to support IE 8, you should try jQuery 1.10.2. But that might cause other problems, especially if your site/app is using things that are new to jQuery 2.x.
 I tried with jqurery 1.7 and 1.9 also but getting same error, pages which dont have calender control working fine with jquery. 
 Is it due to conflict between versions of jquery because  there is another jquery file rendering with name _osjs.js?7_0_1_9 with version 1.4.2 version.

Abdul Quadir Saifee wrote:

I tried with jqurery 1.7 and 1.9 also but getting same error, pages which dont have calender control working fine with jquery. 
 Is it due to conflict between versions of jquery because  there is another jquery file rendering with name _osjs.js?7_0_1_9 with version 1.4.2 version.

My guess is that the calendar script (it's a jQuey plugin, IIRC) doesn't work in IE 8 which really isn't a suprise because IE 8 is... er... javascript challenged and even Microsoft doesn't really support it any longer.

You should talk with OutSystems support and see if they can find you a version of it that works with IE 8.

Or, if you can, move away from IE 8.
we are using  Input_Calendar richwidget and it is working with IE8, but problem is when we use other jquery file also with this.
we are using  Input_Calendar richwidget and it is working with IE8, but problem is when we use other jquery file also with this.
Hi Abdul,
Can you post a small eSpace with no dependencies, on which this issue is occurring?
Are you're using another version of jQuery other than the one the platform already uses?

If you are, that can cause all sorts of strange problems because since most implementations of jQuery don't actually have all the functions (this is deliberate, loading unnecessary JS should be avoided) you could end up with the functions of one version of jQuery calling parts of the other version of jQuery and they might not be compatible with one another.

I'd avoid using another version of jQuery, and would stick with the default.

Abdul Quadir Saifee wrote: