Display record list in a table horizontally

Display record list in a table horizontally

  
Hi,

Is there a way to display data records in a table horizontally?

Example:
Data i got from the DB:
Record 1
Record 2
Record 3

What the Table should look like:
Record 1 Record 2 Record 3


Thank you,

Hi Sherry,

Take a look at this component. I think it will help you out.

Cheers,
Sherry -

My approach to this is to use a ListRecords widget, and in each record use a Container with the needed float and other styling, and inside the container, put a WebBlock. That WebBlock should have the necessary ShowRecord or TableRecord widgets (whatever works best for you) to display your record. Or, if it makes sense, instead of using a WebBlock, you could just build the display manually inside the Container (you can't nest EditRecord, ListRecord, TableRecord, or ShowRecord).

J.Ja
André Vieira wrote:
Hi Sherry,

Take a look at this component. I think it will help you out.

Cheers,
 
 Hi André,

Thank you for this. This helped me a lot. Is the component only applicable for one result?

What if I want do this type of scenario? Do we have a component for this?
DB1:                      DB2:
DB1.Rec 1             DB2.Rec 1
DB1.Rec 2             DB2.Rec 2
DB1.Rec 3             DB2.Rec 3

Table should like this:
                                   DB2.Rec 1                   DB2.Rec 2             DB2.Rec 3
DB1.Rec 1             <input field here>        <input field here>     <input field here>
DB1.Rec 2             <input field here>        <input field here>     <input field here>
DB1.Rec 3             <input field here>        <input field here>     <input field here>

Again, thank you so much for your help :)

Cheers,
Sherry
Justin James wrote:
Sherry -

My approach to this is to use a ListRecords widget, and in each record use a Container with the needed float and other styling, and inside the container, put a WebBlock. That WebBlock should have the necessary ShowRecord or TableRecord widgets (whatever works best for you) to display your record. Or, if it makes sense, instead of using a WebBlock, you could just build the display manually inside the Container (you can't nest EditRecord, ListRecord, TableRecord, or ShowRecord).

J.Ja
 Hi J.Ja,

Thank you for your reply. Do you have a sample espace that I can reference with (if possible)?  Thank you.

Cheers,
Sherry  
 
Hi Sherry,

There's and old post about variable column tables. I've added there a new sample on how to do it.
Check it out here: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/2956/variable-number-of-columns/

Cheers.
Sherry -

Sorry, don't have any examples I could easily share.

J.Ja

Yay! Thank you so much André. This helped me a lot. 

Thank you also J.Ja. 

Regards,
Sherry
André Vieira wrote:
Hi Sherry,

There's and old post about variable column tables. I've added there a new sample on how to do it.
Check it out here: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/2956/variable-number-of-columns/

Cheers.
 
 Hi André,

Based on the sample table record that you provided me, is it possible to save all the inputs at once and not on change?
I'm trying to achieve that scenario but I can't get the values in the web block :( 

Ex.
                                    DB2.Rec 1                   DB2.Rec 2             DB2.Rec 3
DB1.Rec 1             <input field here>        <input field here>     <input field here>
DB1.Rec 2             <input field here>        <input field here>     <input field here>
DB1.Rec 3             <input field here>        <input field here>     <input field here>

SAVE   <---- I want to add a button to save all the input at once here

Best regards and cheers,
Sherry
Hi Sherry,

The issue is that you don't have access to the inputs in the web block from the page that embeds them.
The simplest way I can think of you doing this is having a temporary table to hold those values and when you press save you commit those values to your final table. Something like:
FinalEntity
Id
DB1Id
DB2Id
Value
TempEntity
Id
DB1Id
DB2Id
Value


The OnChange would store the values in the TempEntity and the Save action would copy those values back to the FinalEntity.

Cheers
André Vieira wrote:
Hi Sherry,

The issue is that you don't have access to the inputs in the web block from the page that embeds them.
The simplest way I can think of you doing this is having a temporary table to hold those values and when you press save you commit those values to your final table. Something like:
FinalEntity
Id
DB1Id
DB2Id
Value
TempEntity
Id
DB1Id
DB2Id
Value


The OnChange would store the values in the TempEntity and the Save action would copy those values back to the FinalEntity.

Cheers
 Will try this one out. Thank you so much André. Will update you once I got this working. 
 
Cheers,
Sherry