[Toolbar.Js] Using Toolbar.Js in Web Block

[Toolbar.Js] Using Toolbar.Js in Web Block

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 2013-12-26 by Paulo Ramos
2 votes
Published on 2013-12-26 by Paulo Ramos
How can I use Toolbar.js in a web block? In the example espace the icon/button that activates the toolbar always links to "current screen". The "current screen" is not an available destination for a web block
Hi Andrew,

The purpose of the links/buttons in the sample screen is just triggering the toolbar - the destination doesn't matter, since it won't be used.

Regarding the icons inside the toolbar, put them inside the web block's Links placeholder.

In summary:
  • Reference the ToolbarJS public web block in your eSpace.
  • AssociateToLinkOrButtonId input param: use the Id of your link/button triggering (opening) the toolbar.
  • Links placeholder: add your toolbar links here (see the sample and remark below).
If you want to use the icons from the sample in the toolbar, check out the web block's style sheet - look for classes bicon-... (e.g. bicon-user, bicon-star...). See more examples here (just remember to use bicon-... instead of icon-...).

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for your response. I have tried what you suggest and it appears that the destination of the link on the preferences icon does matter. I tried pointing it to anoher web screen and to a screen action, both attempts failed. I think the destination has to be the "current screen" in order to render the toolbar (???)
Hi Paulo,

Ignore last post. I have tried it exactly as in the example and it still does not work for me. It must be user error. I will retrace all steps to see if I can determine the error of my ways.

Thanks
Hi Andrew,

Confirm if the on click method (submit, ajax submit, navigate) on your trigger link / button matches the closest example in the sample. If you can't make it work, feel free to post your eSpace and I'll take a look.