Installing LifeTime

I want to setup LifeTime for Development, Test, Production.

but I need more understanding of LifeTime

does each Development and Test and Production is at 3 different server?

each server requires its own service studio 8, platform8, and its own outsystems db

then you install LifeTime within the Production server?

can anyone explain in an easy way?

Thanks
Service Studio (and Integration Studio) is for developer's computer, no need to be in the servers.

Agile Platform in Dev, Test and Production must each have a distinct server, and preferably a different database server (a sum of 6 servers). The database can be in the server, but it is not ideal, at least in production try to use two machines. You can even use a farm and increase the number of servers, but I think you're trying to reduce them.

LifeTime is a bit heavy so it shouldn't be in production or it will affect performance and end-user experience. But it can be in one of the other two servers.

I would say four servers is the minimum.
So,

Currently we only have 3 servers

Thus I have to setup Platform Server 8 in those 3 servers (which will create an outsystems DB in every server) then I just install LifeTime on the development server or the test server? then it will ask me to assign which server is test or development or production?

Hi Nuno,

The platform uses Service and Integration studio to publish/compile the espaces/extensions, so those are required in all environments.

Cheers,
JA
So install Platform Server, Service Studio, Intergration Studios on all 3 servers?
Hi David,

Yes!

I use platform (PS) version 6 (.NET), so no LifeTime here...
In my instalation I use 5 servers:
1 - PS dev
1 - PS QA
1 - PS Pro
1 - SQL for dev and QA (one database per environment)
1 - SQL for Pro

Cheers,
JA
José Antunes wrote:
Hi Nuno,

The platform uses Service and Integration studio to publish/compile the espaces/extensions, so those are required in all environments.

Cheers,
JA
 Thanks José.
I never used them in the server and had no memory of installing them, but just checked and they are indeed there. The instalation is so easy I didn't even notice.

For future reference, you can learn more about LifeTime and how to install it in the LifeTime installation and Configuration Technical Note.