How to Import a CSV File

How to Import a CSV File

I am making a simple book keeping application. I would like to download the CSV file from my bank and import it into my application. I have tried working with the Excel to Record List with no success.

Any help will be appricated
Michael
There is a CSV component on the forge for this. Not sure if it works on the latest versions of the OutSystems Platform, but you can give it a try.

The ExcelToRecordList widget works with xls or xlsx files, so you can also convert your csv file to one of those formats for easier usage.
I did try to edit the CSV and save it as an xls file, but I still had no success. It did not give me an error, but no records were imported.

Michael
The CSV component currently can only export data from a record list to a file. I also will need this functionality (I can't use an Excel file) and plan on creating an extension to do that, using the current component as a starting point. In the mean time, converting a CSV file (assuming it is a true CSV format) to an XLS file is very easy. Start Excel, Open the CSV file, Save as an XLS (or XLSX) file. Very easy.
I have tried that, as I have stated, but no records are ever imported.
Hi Michael.

Excel opened the file correctly?

Can you provide a simple example of that misterious file? The first 3 or 4 lines are enough (and remember to change the values and dates for privacy).
I'm working with Michael privately.  The spreadsheet imported successfully for me so I think he's just missing a step someplace.  Hopefully my reply will help him.
If you have to import yout existing datas , the easiest way to do that is.
You convert csv to xls(or xlsx) file !pay attention if there is no sepeartor letter in your fields.
Add the fieldsname in the first row
import the xls table in your app , see the first videos in the academy.

Then you have a new entity with all your datas
Preprare a litte sql query to insert all your records in your application table.
you can keep the imported table for another use, or delete it.

Michael has fixed the problem.  He was trying to import his data at run time via a browser upload, not at design time in Service Studio as I had assumed.  He found code someplace (probably Forge) to do this and the code now appears to be working.
Michael Smith wrote:
I am making a simple book keeping application. I would like to download the CSV file from my bank and import it into my application. I have tried working with the Excel to Record List with no success.

Any help will be appricated
Michael
 Hi Michael,

Can you please share the steps which you have used to upload the CSV file into outsystems?
I have attached the file which I want to upload.