DateTime mobile blues

I'm making a mobile eSpace for a project my team is working on.  The mobile eSpace absolutely needs to work on both Android and iOS.  I've been trying to use the default datetime picker that comes with the mobile eSpace but I found the usability experience of selecting the DateTime with that picker from an Android phone to be, quite frankly, detestable.  Not to mention that if I have more than one DateTime widget in a given Web Screen the second one won't even show the DateTime picker in the Android browser!

I have two options for my project: get a new datetime picker (but I can't find a satisfactory mobile one in the forge so far that does both date and time in a single widget intuitively and my project manager won't let me implement one), or create separate Date and Time inputs and combine them somehow into a single DateTime variable.  Has anybody else experienced this problem?  Has anybody successfully combined a Date widget + a Time widget into a single DateTime variable?
I forgot to mention it needs to work on the majority of mobile devices, so, I will be looking for compatibility as far back as iOS 6 and Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread), which rules out using the "datetime" input type (http://caniuse.com/#search=datetime).
Hi Joshua,

I've never faced that issue, but the solution you are describing, i.e. to use the default Input_Calendar widget with the ShowDate input set to False (that will render as a standard native date picker in more modern devices)  and then use 2 combos (if fixed intervals are alright for your project) or a text input to set the time, seems like a good approach.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Hi Joshua,

What version of the platform are you working with? I know of a bug that was fixed a while ago about having multiple input calendar widgets in a page where only the first would work. It may be the case that you're hitting that same bug (and therefore using an outdated version of RichWidgets).

Cheers,
Miguel
I'm using 8.0.0.24