Mandatory field asterisk mark issue

Mandatory field asterisk mark issue

Hi all.

In a Web Screen I have a Table Records to accommodate an entity with mandatory attributes.

In one of the label cells I had to add a table to accommodate two Radio Buttons together with the attribute label, however, when I insert the table within the cell, the asterisk mark disconnects from the attribute label text and moves to a place below the table.

Desired layout
- Text label | Asterisk mark
- Table with Radio Buttons

Real layout
- Table label
- Table with Radio Buttons
- Asterisk mark

Sorry for the "complex" description, but I tried to upload an image but for some reason I couldn't find how to do that.

Does anybody have any idea on how to fix that?

Kind regards,

Rafael.
Rafael -

If you look at the star in your browser's developer tools, you will see the CSS class for it. You can then debug the CSS within the developer tools. Put your changes within your theme or Web Page stylesheet, with !important to make sure they work, then test it on other areas to make sure the style changes do not make it work incorrectly elsewhere.

J.Ja
Thanks for the tip Justin, but I'm pretty new in the development and I couldn't understand what you meant with some aspects of it.

In the Service Studio I could find the "Themes" within the "Interface" area where I could find the CSS with the following related aspect:

.InputMandatorySymbol {
    display: none; /* No "*" after input */
}

.MandatoryCaption:after {
    content: "*";
    position: absolute;
    padding: 0px 5px 5px 3px;
    color: #BF1601;
    font-size: 12px;
    font-weight: normal;
}

Is this what you're talking about? If so, how do I translate your tips into CSS codes?

Sorry, but I'm still not familiar with this world.

Kind regards,

Rafael.

Rafael -

Yes, that's the right place to make the changes... without seeing your actual problem live, I can't give any specific suggestions on what CSS to change, sorry.

J.Ja
if you can post an html and css it will be easier to help you getting a solution.
Great! Thanks.

Please, find below some additional information which I think can be helpful.
Here is the CSS I'm currently using.

I was saying the html of the generated page, not a screenshot. Try to inspect the element in the browser directly and understand what css is affecting that behaviour.