what is the username and password for accessing viewable web app?

what is the username and password for accessing viewable web app?

I am trying to view the viewable web app 'Contacts' during the demo process. It asks for the username and password. I do not know what I should type in? If my outsystemscloud email address and password, but that does not work.

How do I find the credentials for accessing the web app through the browser, during the demo tutorial?
Hi jariell,

Try the admin user the default password is admin as well.
That info should be present in the tutorial script. Please get back to us if you don't find that information there.

Sorry, I didn't find it in the tutorial windows in the demo.

Note, I tried, as stated above with the password and username... but i get 'invalid login' message.

I just completed the Contacts app, again, successfully, but same difficulty. Would you like me to give URL?
Yes, please PM me the URL.
Hmmm, I am experiencing the same issue. Created basic Contacts app today following the tutorial. Compiles fine and launches in browser but no login details seem to work. i.e. one cannot actually login - one just gets the invalid login response. I tried both my own and the admin pwd mentioned above.
OK figured it out, not too exotic,but would actually be nice to have been presented with some Outsystems docs on this aspect during the tutorial.

During your development phase in the ServiceStudio IDE you should see a tab next to the Data one called Interface. Once there dilldown through Screen flows -> MainFlow - > Contacts_List. Navigate to that and then at the bottom under the properties you should see something called Roles, with Anonymous, Registered and ContactsUser displayed.

To create an app which doesnt require any logging in just check the Anonymous box and OneClickCompile and it should work for you. (At least it did for me).

Now to RT*M the Roles and where to setup user names for apps since clearly one wont want all apps to be this authentication free ... but hey, its a start at least.

Good Luck, Cheers
Hi Manfred,

There are some videos at the academy that explain how to secure your applications. Maybe they can help you troubleshoot.
Hi all,

This problem still occurs on platform version 8.0.1.20. This is blocking for new users that can't figure out what Manfred P describes above.

When trying 'admin' as username and 'admin' as password an error is logged on the ServiceCenter:

Id:
6c8a7997-6675-4e18-b54d-604cc4a45da4
Time of Log:
2014-08-31 19:10:51
eSpace:
Tenant:
Users
User:

Session Id:
mpzkke55cvi33v4534jdlp45
Server:
PRS5238DEV9909
Module:

Stack:
   at ssUsers.Actions.ActionUser_Login(HeContext heContext, String inParamUsername, String inParamPassword, Boolean inParamRememberLogin)
   at ssContacts.RsseSpaceUsers.MssUser_Login(HeContext heContext, String inParamUsername, String inParamPassword, Boolean inParamRememberLogin)
   at ssContacts.Actions.ActionUser_Login(HeContext heContext, String inParamUsername, String inParamPassword, Boolean inParamRememberLogin)
   at ssContacts.Flows.FlowCommon.ScrnLogin.CommandLogin(HeContext heContext)
-Env-
eSpaceVer: 5 (Id=23, PubId=33, CompiledWith=8.0.1.8)
RequestUrl: https://machados.outsystemscloud.com/Contacts/Login.aspx (Method: POST)
AppDomain: /LM/W3SVC/12/ROOT/Contacts-8-130539850513018070
FilePath: C:\OutSystems\Sandboxes\LQ9DBR009\Platform Server\running\Contacts\Login.aspx
Locale: en-US
DateFormat: yyyy-MM-dd
PID: 12624 ('w3wp', Started='31-08-2014 18:16:05', Priv=202Mb, Virt=4149Mb)
TID: 16
Thread Name: 
.NET: 2.0.50727.5477

Maybe related to this problem is the fact that there are recurring errors on the ServiceCenter:

The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "OSFRK_ossys_User_Role_OSSYS_USER_USER_ID". The conflict occurred in database "LQ9DBR009", table "dbo.ossys_User", column 'ID'.
The statement has been terminated.

Error Detail
Id:
a7bf021f-5a1e-424e-a8ff-6f51f198a4d2
Time of Log:
2014-08-31 19:04:42
eSpace:
Tenant:
Users
User:

Session Id:

Server:
PRS5238DEV9909
Module:
BPM
The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "OSFRK_ossys_User_Role_OSSYS_USER_USER_ID". The conflict occurred in database "LQ9DBR009", table "dbo.ossys_User", column 'ID'.
The statement has been terminated.
Stack:
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBHelper.#Jbb(DbException e, IDbTransaction trans)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBHelper.ExecuteScalar(IDbCommand cmd, String description, Boolean isApplication, Boolean skipLog)
   at ssUsers.ExtendedActions.CreateOrUpdateUser_Role(HeContext heContext, BitArray usedFields, RCUser_RoleRecord inParamSource, Int32& outParamId)
   at ssUsers.Processes.ProcExcNewRole.ActExecAddRoleToAdmin.ExecuteActivity(HeContext heContext)
   at ssUsers.Processes.ProcExcNewRole.ActExecAddRoleToAdmin.ExecuteMethod(HeContext heContext)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.Processes.ProcessBase.AbstractProcessActivityBase.StartWork(HeContext heContext, Boolean isUnattended, ActivityStatus forInitialStatus, DateTime previousNextRun)

Just for reference,

If are using a Personal environment, use your OutSystems Community credentials to access everything:
  • Development environment (Service Studio and Integration Studio)
  • Environment management console (Service Center)
  • Users
Ok, that works. Its a bit confusing because the form asks for a "username" and not "email address" like the Outsystems Community system. A hint or placeholder reminding the user that the username is its email address could be helpful. Thanks.