Sales CRM App from Outsystems - Sample data error

Sales CRM App from Outsystems - Sample data error

Hi all,
To help me investigate / understand OS (still very new), I'm trying to run the Sales eSpace that is on the Apps tab of the Service Studio (Personal Edition) but am receiving an error on the login page saying "Sample data error".  Logging into the app confirms that there is no sample Sales data (though there IS Contacts and Companies sample data).
I follow the advice to "check Service Center error log" by calling up Environment Management from Svc Studio, click on Monitoring and peruse the Error Log.  Whilst I can find no error specifically for the Sales or SalesSampleData eSpace, there is a repeating error for "TimerProcessEmails" which has the following data:

Time of Log:
2014-03-13 01:16:06
Session Id:
No session
Timer ProcessEmails error (inside action 'Timer_ProcessEmails'). Timer duration = 0 secs:EmailAccount 'CasesEmailAccount' not found. [retry 1 of 3 scheduled]
ssEmails.ExcptEmailAccountNotFound: EmailAccount 'CasesEmailAccount' not found.
   at ssEmails.Actions.ActionEmailAccount_FetchEmails(HeContext heContext, String inParamEmailAccount, RLEmailRecordList& outParamNewEmails)
   at ssCases.RsseSpaceEmails.MssEmailAccount_FetchEmails(HeContext heContext, String inParamEmailAccount, RecordList& outParamNewEmails)
   at ssCases.Actions.ActionEmailAccount_FetchEmails(HeContext heContext, String inParamEmailAccount, RLEmailRecordList& outParamNewEmails)
   at ssCases.Actions.ActionTimer_ProcessEmails(HeContext heContext)
   at ssCases.TimerProcessEmails.Execute(HeContext heContext, Int32 timeout)
eSpaceVer: 1 (Id=21, PubId=32, CompiledWith=
RequestUrl: (Method: POST)
AppDomain: /LM/W3SVC/12/ROOT/Cases-1-130391433586563750
FilePath: C:\OutSystems\Sandboxes\BONOAJ008\Platform Server\running\Cases\
Locale: en-US
DateFormat: yyyy-MM-dd
PID: 19060 ('w3wp', Started='13-03-2014 00:15:58', Priv=217Mb, Virt=4204Mb)
TID: 9
Thread Name: 
.NET: 2.0.50727.5472

Any help will be gratefully received,
Nic T

You need to give a valid email address to this site property.

But there should be no impact between Cases and Sales apps.

Hi Nuno,

Thanks very much for the reply.  Just after I posted (and stepped away from intense staring at the screen) I realised that the Emails and Sales things were not related and that therefore my question showed insufficient thought.

Re the Emails error, I didn't think to look in Site Properties of the Cases app for the EmailAccountName (is this documented somewhere?) but can now see it clearly.

Re the "Sample data error", I somehow stumbled on the Configuration web screen (Oh!  I need to login as admin to see the config screen - I didn't previously realise) and found that the Reload Sample Data button would work.

Thanks again for responding.