Web Service returing more than one record

Web Service returing more than one record

i am trying to pass entire tables or results from queries to Crystal Reports.  I have created a web service (with a query that should return all rows from a table) but when i consume it in Crystal Reports - it only gets the first record.  Does anyone have an example of a web service that gets mutliple records to be consumed by external programs?

Thanks.
Hi Jason,

There should not be any limitation like that in web services (returning only 1 record).
Can you show us a sample of what you did?
Also make sure you didn't place "Max Records"=1 in your query properties.

Regards,
João Rosado
I am not putting Max=1 but the xml seems to have it.  I think I need to do a loop for the output in my web service - but not sure - i am sure i am just being thick. 

I have stripped out the section where my "test" web service is - and attached it.

Thank you so much - really need to get this working today so i can interface with external reporting (wish Outsystems had a BI platform - it would make them unstoppable - Service Sttudio is really good).

Much appreciated.

Hi Jason,

In your sample the return of your service is only 2 text variables. If you want it to return a list you need to change the output to be a RecordList of what you want output.

If you want to just send a list with Region + LastUser pairs, then create a new Structure with those 2 attributes.
Then set the output of your webservice to be a RecordList of the structure you created.
And iterate the query to append the new records to that output recordlist.

Also I don't get why you are calling the Getl_Regions action, since the query already has all the fields from that table.

Regards,
João Rosado
This was just a test of the web service - I am going to create other web services that have selection logic.  But i figured i would walk first - then run.  Let me try what you suggestions - i knew it was something like that.

Thank you again.
Oh - i just got your question about the Getl_Regions - sorry.  my bad.  Should not have had that in there.  Do you have an example of a web service doing what i am trying to do by any chance?
Hi Jason,

Here is an editted version of your oml, think it's something like this that you wanted.
In my example I created a "Region" structure with just "Region" and "LastUser" fields because I assumed you didn't want to send out the rest of the information.
If what you actually wanted was to send out all the rest of the information (the "Id" and "LastUpdate") as well, then you would not need any of that. A query and a assign node with the expression "Regions = GetLRegions.List" would be enough.

Regards,
João Rosado
Thank you so much.  Now I just have to hire you to do the application I need for my client and I will be all set. 

have a great day.
hahahaha