Hello All,

If you lost all of your job/progress in an eSpace (even if you haven't save it) and the Service Studio doesn't recover the eSpace
   Go to:  C:\Users\[<YourUser>]\AppData\Local\OutSystems\ServiceStudio 8.0.0\AutoSave
   And open one of the *.BAK files in that folder that contains the AutoSave with Service Studio.

K.R.
Thank you for sharing! Nice tip
Nice tip.
Great tip !! Thanks.

3 Years after this tip, and I must declare this information today is not working. There are no backup files in AutoSave directory as stated here. Just lost HOURS of work. I usually try to remember to hit CTRL+S to save to my local disk, and I am normally good about this, but it is very late already and I am no longer sharp, so I forgot, and yet I now have to stay up HOURS more because ServiceStudio crashed and I cannot recover my work. Outsystems just crashed and ask me to "Save and Restart" which I selected, then it stated upon its own save command "Invalid command line arguments: '-recover [my file name to which I save on disk]'. Use one of the following: -recover <espace.oml>[<lastSavePath>]

It did not ask me to supply the filename, it selected the one I last saved it as to disk. This is a valid file and path name.

I then searched for the AutoSave, followed the above recommendation, and that directory is completely empty. I am using 9.

@Elize

And here C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Local\Temp\OutSystemsTemp ??

PLEASE OUTSYSTESM FIX YOUR RECOVERY PROCEDURE!!!!!

JUST LOST 3 HOURS WORK AGAIN.

UNDER HUGE PRESURE TO GET A DEMO READY FOR THIS AFTERNOON, BEEN CODING IN AN APP FOR 3 HOURS AND COULD NOT YET PUBLISH UNTIL I AM DONE, FORGOT TO PRESS CTRRL+S TO SAVE TO LOCAL, PC CRASHES ALL THE WORK LOST, LATEST IS NOT IN ANY OF THE DIRECTORIES MENTIONED ABOVE. THIS HAS HAPPENED SOOOOOO MANY TIMES NOW.

PLEASE OUTSYSTEMS CAN I FIX YOUR RECOVERY PROCEDURE, I WILL DO IT FOR FREE AS LONG AS I DO NOT WASTE MY TIME LIKE THIS HEN UNDER PRESSURE.

Once again, Outsystems crashes so badly that it is not even visible in the Task Manager for a while, when it eventually shows I have to kill it there as it is completely unresponsive. once again loose the last work since I hit CTRL+S and I cannot recover it. The ServiceStuddio/AutoSave directory is as always EMPTY (there has by the way NEVER been a file there EVER, cannot see the point of this folder). In the OutSystemsTemp folder it saved all the espaces EXCEPT the one I was working on.

Thank you OutSystems! Perhaps now time to make the Autosave actually work.

Service Studio needs an autosave. Like Microsoft Word, I can configure to save automatically each X minutes

@Nelson

It already has autosave but you can't configure the interval of saving. It occurs automatically. 

While tasking update the autosave evaporated to thin air

So I am posting this again, again lost work, there is a file in Autosave 

C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\OutSystems\ServiceStudio 11.0\AutoSave

but the last time it saved ther was 07:04 PM, it is now 09:04 PM, it saved 2 hours ago? Useless Autosave interval.

Also nothing under OutSystemsTemp........

Hi Elize,

Sorry to hear you lost work... again!

Do you mind if I ask what kind of operation you were doing before the crash?

I was refreshing from the database, and integration module, I changed a column name and removed and underscore, then refreshed and published the intergration, and then in my eSpace refreshed the integration, then it crashed. I usually press "Ctrl+S" regularly to save a local backup, but somehow I got lost in this screen and never did for the past 2 hours

Was it the first time you were refreshing a column (after renaming and eliminating an underscore)?
If you do it again, will it crash?

No, it was not the first time, I did it with other columns earlier today as well, I am not sure if it will again.

Well, Service Studio has evolved a lot. Still, you may get an occasional crash. 

If you do and if Service Studio didn't crash completely, don't forget to submit the report to OutSystems.

They will look into it!

Thank you, wil do